Stephen Haw has over 20 years’ experience of leading local and international transformational engagements across UK, Europe and the Middle East for local and international organisations.
Stephen is a seasoned transformation expert, with deep experience across the entire transformation lifecycle and a proven track record of designing and delivering transformational outcomes for client investments of up to > $1Bn for many asset-intensive industries across the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Stephen works with a portfolio of clients including investors, governments, authorities, and corporates, with the purpose of identifying and creating value through transformational investment, and helping organisations increase the maturity of their own internal capabilities for future change.
Stephen frequently operates in divestment and acquisition scenarios including the provision of due diligence, business plan reviews and Day 1 readiness during pre-transaction. Post transaction, Stephen works with Executive Management teams to develop corporate strategies, strategic business plans, operating model designs and transformation programmes to deliver returns that meet shareholders’ expectations.
Similarly, Stephen is very experienced in working with clients who need to drive revenue growth and diversification by deploying new strategies and new business models and pursuing new products and services in existing and new markets. For organisation’s that need to optimise operational performance, Stephen is well versed in developing performance improvement initiatives predicated on delivering business results and outcomes, quickly.
Stephen’s career in business transformation has frequently involved technology, digital and data investment. He has deep experience in optimising value by ensuring such strategic investments unlock tangible value for client organisations, and delivery activity meets management and shareholder expectations.
- Corporate vision, future state and strategy development. Working with a newly established business (post-divestment), developed the Executives’ and Board’s ten-year strategic vision and strategy.
- Transformation of UAE supply and distribution companies’ operational business. Provided leadership and subject matter expertise in the strategic development of the client’s future operations across systems, process and people transformation, to attain 20%+ in OPEX performance improvements.
- Capital investment review of major business systems. Re-negotiated commercial arrangements with third parties, on behalf of the client resulting in multi-million-dollar savings.
- Strategic review of an Omani logistics provider core business services. Led the review of the core business, identifying opportunities to optimise contractual obligations and overall business performance.
- Operating model design of a sector-level innovation capability. Led the design of a new operating model for a UAE authority to manage the strategic investment in innovation
- Implementation of a governance, risk and compliance (GRC) framework. Designed and implemented a digital process-centric framework to measure and manage compliance risk for business and usual, and change investment.
T: +971 56 137 7722
Office C1408 and C1401, Level 14
Burj Daman Office Tower, Al Mustaqbal Street
P.O. Box 71253
United Arab Emirates
Strategic Planning and Implementation
Strategy Consulting & Research