Steven Michael has over 25 years of professional and corporate experience in financial advisory and investment banking and senior executive leadership roles within ASX-listed exploration companies with international assets.
Steven’s major focus is in the mining and mining services industry. With expertise as a mining equities analyst and investment banker, he has successfully led capital raisings, acquisitions, investor relations, project farm-in/out joint ventures, and asset disposals across a range of commodities and locations. Steven is also an accomplished author, reviewer and adapter of bankable resource project financial models.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Steven gained considerable in-house commercial experience as Managing Director of an ASX listed mining exploration company with assets in Australia and Africa and CFO of an Australian resource company with operations in South Korea.
Steven’s key demonstrated capabilities include strategic business development and execution, commercial negotiation, funding analysis, capital raising structuring and implementation, cashflow management, crisis management, financial systems and controls and corporate compliance.
- Over 20 years in corporate mining sector roles, including 10 years operating at board and senior executive level in Australian listed mining and exploration businesses.
- ASX listed Australian base metal producer - strategic advisory; business transformation; debt advisory; transaction support.
- ASX listed specialty metals developer – pre-feasibility study financial analysis; cash flow modelling and optimisation; commercial support.
- ASX listed exploration company with assets in Western Australia, Burkina Faso and South Africa - developing and executing the strategic direction.
- International copper smelting company - advised in acquiring an Australian copper mine for AU$160m.
- Swedish base metals group - provided strategic and corporate advice on asset divestments and a major corporate recapitalisation.