Global Wind Market Update 2017 - Demand Side Analysis
Following a 15% drop in global new installations in 2016, negative growth continued in 2017. The 4% drop in new wind installations in 2017 vs. 2016 is primarily due to a slowdown in installations in China. However, 2018 is likely to see global wind installations bounce back with a 9.1% year-over-year growth.
The annual wind power installations are expected to grow from 58.4 GW in 2018 to over 74.2 GW in 2027, with the compound annual growth rate across 10 years at 3.3%. Additions of new wind power capacity globally for the entire 10-year period are estimated at 689 GW. With a total of 68.7 GW decommissioned capacity taken into account for the next ten years, it will bring cumulative installations to 1,160 GW by the end of 2027 – up from today’s 541 GW.
Key Findings of Demand Side Analysis 2017
- Global wind market forecast 2018 – 2027
- Global wind market forecast ex-China 2018 – 2027
- Global onshore wind market forecast 2018 – 2027
- Global offshore wind market forecast 2018 – 2027
- Global wind market forecast by region 2018 – 2027
- Country-specific market forecast 2018 – 2027
- Global wind turbine decommission forecast 2018 – 2027
- Forecast 2018 – 2027 highlights by region and country
- Global wind installation overview for 2017
The Global Wind Market Update - Demand & Supply 2017 report has been released in two parts starting with Supply Side Analysis followed by Demand Side Analysis.