Transaction M&A Services
Our team of multidisciplinary advisors provides a unique combination of financial and operational expertise through every critical stage of a transaction’s life cycle: From pre- to post-closing, we have the experience in working side by side with companies to develop and execute acquisitions, mergers and carve-outs.
Our Service Offerings
Merger & Acquisition Support
- Analyze and normalize quality of earnings, working capital, and debt and debt-like items.
- Evaluate accounting control environment, policies and processes.
- Understand revenue recognition policies and compliance with GAAP.
- Evaluate historical and forecast operating results.
- Schedule and analyze contract values, funding, backlog, historical and projected revenues and cash flow (“waterfall”).
- Perform balance sheet and working capital reviews.
- Evaluate business development pipeline and the capture management process.
- Perform commercial and IT diligence.
- Obtain an understanding of a company’s overall structure, review tax returns, and assess risks and alternative tax structures.
Operational & Financial Restructuring
- Company advisory:
- Business plan review and diagnostics analysis.
- Recommendations of refinancing alternatives in or out of court and identification of tax issues.
- Contingency planning, including liquidity management.
- Claims management.
- Interim management (CEO, CRO, COO and CFO roles).
- Capital solutions:
- Assistance with capital raise, refinancing transactions, covenant waivers and credit facility renegotiations.
- Lender advisory:
- Business diagnostic review (business plan and strategic and valuation assessment).
- Transaction planning (covenant setting, structuring and tax issues).
- Creditor rights.
- Business plan and liquidity assessment.
- Operational performance and capital structure reviews.
- Strategic and exit strategy.
Business Plans & Strategic Forecasting
- Four key phases (working in tandem with management):
- Understand structure of the business, key inputs, and risks surrounding forecasting, methodology and assumptions.
- Develop template and key assumptions.
- Compare and discuss with management initial projections to actuals and modify assumptions and model.
- Monitor variances of projections and adjust accordingly.
- Key objectives:
- Automate forecasting and reporting.
- Standardize and automate schedules and templates used for input.
- Improve management procedures, controls and accuracy of inputs.
- Modify expectations and culture to emphasize importance of accurate forecasting.
Valuation & Purchase Price Disputes
- Evaluate strategic goals and financial alternatives. Perform sell-side due diligence (commercial, financial, tax and structuring reviews), understand value issues and develop near-term fixes.
- Assist in preparation of carve-out financial statements and formulation and distribution of offering memorandum and presentations.
- Oversee bid process, data room setup and management follow-up.
- Evaluate offers and assist in negotiations and board transaction approval.
- Prepare purchase accounting valuations (FASB ASC 805 and 350), fair market value, fairness and solvency opinions.
- Offer expert witness testimony.
- Purchase price disputes and GAAP accounting:
- Determine risk exposure for a purchase price adjustment and assess whether GAAP has been consistently and correctly applied.
- Offer expert witness testimony.
- Liaise with auditors and the SEC.
Senior Managing Director
Senior Managing Director, Head of Brussels Strategic Communications
Senior Managing Director, Leader of Private Capital Advisory Services
Senior Managing Director, Global Leader of Construction Solutions