Transaction M&A Services
Our team of multidisciplinary advisors provides a unique combination of financial and operational expertise through every critical stage of a transaction’s life cycle: From pre- to post-closing, we have the experience in working side by side with companies to develop and execute acquisitions, mergers and carve-outs.
Our Service Offerings
Merger & Acquisition Support
- Analyze and normalize quality of earnings, working capital, and debt and debt-like items.
- Evaluate accounting control environment, policies and processes.
- Understand revenue recognition policies and compliance with GAAP.
- Evaluate historical and forecast operating results.
- Schedule and analyze contract values, funding, backlog, historical and projected revenues and cash flow (“waterfall”).
- Perform balance sheet and working capital reviews.
- Evaluate business development pipeline and the capture management process.
- Perform commercial and IT diligence.
- Obtain an understanding of a company’s overall structure, review tax returns, and assess risks and alternative tax structures.
Operational & Financial Restructuring
- Company advisory:
- Business plan review and diagnostics analysis.
- Recommendations of refinancing alternatives in or out of court and identification of tax issues.
- Contingency planning, including liquidity management.
- Claims management.
- Interim management (CEO, CRO, COO and CFO roles).
- Capital solutions:
- Assistance with capital raise, refinancing transactions, covenant waivers and credit facility renegotiations.
- Lender advisory:
- Business diagnostic review (business plan and strategic and valuation assessment).
- Transaction planning (covenant setting, structuring and tax issues).
- Creditor rights.
- Business plan and liquidity assessment.
- Operational performance and capital structure reviews.
- Strategic and exit strategy.
Business Plans & Strategic Forecasting
- Four key phases (working in tandem with management):
- Understand structure of the business, key inputs, and risks surrounding forecasting, methodology and assumptions.
- Develop template and key assumptions.
- Compare and discuss with management initial projections to actuals and modify assumptions and model.
- Monitor variances of projections and adjust accordingly.
- Key objectives:
- Automate forecasting and reporting.
- Standardize and automate schedules and templates used for input.
- Improve management procedures, controls and accuracy of inputs.
- Modify expectations and culture to emphasize importance of accurate forecasting.
Valuation & Purchase Price Disputes
- Evaluate strategic goals and financial alternatives. Perform sell-side due diligence (commercial, financial, tax and structuring reviews), understand value issues and develop near-term fixes.
- Assist in preparation of carve-out financial statements and formulation and distribution of offering memorandum and presentations.
- Oversee bid process, data room setup and management follow-up.
- Evaluate offers and assist in negotiations and board transaction approval.
- Prepare purchase accounting valuations (FASB ASC 805 and 350), fair market value, fairness and solvency opinions.
- Offer expert witness testimony.
- Purchase price disputes and GAAP accounting:
- Determine risk exposure for a purchase price adjustment and assess whether GAAP has been consistently and correctly applied.
- Offer expert witness testimony.
- Liaise with auditors and the SEC.
Senior Managing Director
Senior Managing Director, Global Head of Public Affairs & Government Relations
Senior Managing Director, Leader of Private Capital Advisory Services
Senior Managing Director, Global Leader of Construction Solutions