Financial Institution Governance and Regulation
FTI Consulting assists clients by helping to ensure that their governance practices comply with industry standards and are appropriately documented and consistently executed. We also help clients improve their understanding and oversight of risk management activities and identify necessary actions to minimize the risk of negative regulatory exams, enforcement actions, or other adverse events.
Recently issued international directives and domestic laws and regulations have significantly increased the scrutiny on governance practices within the financial services industry. For example, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision’s Corporate Governance Principles for Banks encourages banks to strengthen governance practices. In the U.S., the Federal Reserve’s Enhanced Prudential Standards and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s (OCC) Heightened Expectations for Large Banks are examples of the governance standards that increase board and director responsibility for overseeing the management of risk, as well as the corresponding liability for failing to have adequate governance controls in place.
- Board, Management and Organizational Assessments
- Pre-Assessments and Advisory Services
- Incentive Based Compensation Analysis and Advisory Services
- Enhanced Regulatory Expectations Assessments
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Services
- Regulatory Compliance Remediation and Advisory Services
- Internal Controls Assessments
- Living Wills