- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +971 4 437 2127
- F: +971 4 437 2199
- Office C1408 and C1401, Level 14
- Burj Daman Office Tower, Al Mustaqbal Street
- P.O. Box 71253
- United Arab Emirates
- T: +971 4 437 2100
- F: +971 4 437 2199
- B.S. Economics, University of Texas
- M.S., Accounting, University of Texas
- M.S., Finance, Johns Hopkins University
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Bribery & Corruption Investigations & Compliance
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- OFAC Investigations
- Regulatory Investigations
- SEC Investigations
- Financial Institutions
- Public Sector & Government Contracts
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Retail & Consumer Products
Anthony Wubbena is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting. He is a member of the Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment and is based in Dubai. He has spent over five years in the UAE, covering all jurisdictions across the MENA Region, with a particular focus on the GCC, Lebanon and Egypt, and advises multinationals, government agencies, and regional conglomerates with diverse business portfolios.
Anthony specializes in cross-border forensic audits and multi-jurisdictional investigations. Anthony is experienced in analyzing large, complex transactional data sets, with experience working on global projects encompassing significant volumes of data and transactions. He has delivered critical evidence to regulators and clients in complex, long-tail transactional analysis, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) investigations, disputes, regulatory probes, disgorgements, sanctions, anti-money laundering and terror financing cases.
Anthony has managed hundreds of internal investigations and forensic audits on behalf of clients, focused on corporate misconduct and financial manipulation, and employee wrongdoing; in particular, making false promises of high returns; embezzlement of client funds; advanced fee schemes; hiding investment losses; insider trading; market manipulation; operation of Ponzi schemes; other fraud, corruption, and conflicts of interest. In this capacity, Anthony has worked with local counsel and the offices of the Public Prosecutor in various countries, dealing with the most sensitive and high-profile assignments in the U.S., U.K., and GCC region.
Anthony has provided regulatory crisis management support to global financial institutions including banks, broker dealers and money services businesses. He also provides strategic AML and Sanctions Compliance Program support during both program creation and remediation.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Anthony was an Assistant Director of Deloitte Forensic, where he was a key member of its Middle East financial investigations practice. His experience covers investigations undertaken throughout Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.