Avelino (Vino) Rodrigues
- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 305 714 4635
- F: +1 305 714 4646
- 2222 Ponce De Leon Blvd
- Miami, FL, 33134
- United States
- T: +1 305 714 4600
- F: +1 305 714 4646
- Masters of Accounting, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.A., Economics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Licensed in Florida
- The Georgia Society of CPAs
- Certified Fraud Examiner, US
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
Vino Rodrigues is a Senior Managing Director in the Global Risk & Investigations Practice (“GRIP”) within the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment at FTI Consulting. He is based in Miami.
With more than 20 years of experience, Mr. Rodrigues has provided advisory services on a range of issues, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) violations consulting, litigation consulting, financial due diligence, complex accounting and fraud investigations, Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) investigations and evaluation of related programs and regulatory compliance services. He has brought his significant expertise to projects in the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela and Caribbean nations. He has worked on assignments for Fortune 500 clients in various industries.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Rodrigues was with one of the Big Four accounting firms for 12 years and formed part of their forensic national leadership group and audit quality review practice.
Mr. Rodrigues has extensive investigative experience, in which he has: participated in financial dispute engagements with multi-nationals to investigate allegations of misappropriated funds, performed investigations for publicly traded multi-nationals of alleged FCPAviolations in their global operations, conducted anti-money laundering compliance and investigative advisory services on behalf of premier global financial institutions in connection with their regulatory compliance, client risk rating process and acquisitions throughout the region, conducted assessments on the implementations of transaction monitoring software and processes on behalf of multi-national financial institutions and conducted numerous internal audit evaluations for global financial institutions to determine the effectiveness and completeness of the internal audit function for regulatory compliance.
Additionally, Mr. Rodrigues has worked on numerous litigation engagements, in which he assisted attorneys in developing discovery, refining strategy, document requests and preparing demonstrative exhibits for trial, as well as provided expert testimony on allegations claimed against clients in various industries for company and personal losses.
Mr. Rodrigues is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“AICPA”), the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“FICPA”) and is a founding Board Member of the South Florida Chapter of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (“ACAMS”). He is a Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Florida.
Mr. Rodrigues has a Bachelor of Science in Economics and a Masters degree in Accounting from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. A native of Curacao, he is fluent in English, Portuguese, Spanish and Dutch.
Presentations and Publications:
- Annual FIBA Anti Money Laundering Compliance Conference – Miami, Florida.
- Latin Lawyer Annual Labour and Employment Conference – Miami, Florida
- Congreso Hemisférico Para la Prevención del Blanqueo de Capitales - Panamá, República de Panamá
- Conferencia Internacional - Delincuencia Organizada y Derechos Humanos - Encuentro de expertos de America y Europa - Caracas, Venezuela
- South Florida Legal Guide - The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Ensure Compliance or Pay the Price.