- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 7 3225 4935
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- Level 20, CP1
- 345 Queen Street
- Brisbane, QLD, 4000
- T: +61 7 3225 4900
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business, Management, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
- CA (Aust)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
Carla Fairweather is a Managing Director in Corporate Finance & Restructuring providing and implementing restructuring and turnaround solutions. Carla has broad industry experience with particular expertise in agribusiness, infrastructure, engineering, hospitality and property. She has nearly 20 years' experience as a restructuring and turnaround specialist working with directors, boards and lenders to assist businesses of all sizes in financial difficulty or distress.
Carla also has extensive experience across a range of formal insolvency appointments and in conducting independent business reviews, contingency planning and operational restructuring in both Australia and the UK.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Carla spent four years working at financial institutions including Australia’s oldest bank, Westpac, in their asset management divisions. There she formulated and implemented solutions to preserve and enhance value, manage risk and balance the needs of a diverse range of stakeholders.
- MS Qld: Provided expert advice regarding the impact of NDIS on MSQ operations including working capital and debtor management. Developed the organisations financial and pricing strategies in preparation for the NDIS rollout and created a comprehensive feasibility model utilised at board level to determine MSQ’s investment strategy for disability housing.
- Viking Industries Limited: Receivership of a group of companies with a 40 hectare industrial land development site at Hemmant, Queensland, which also operated a material ship lifting and marine industrial leasing business.
- Cubbie Group: Administration of Australia’s largest irrigated cotton farm. Cubbie involved the negotiation of funding to continue operations, saving 30 jobs and numerous local businesses. Through careful stakeholder management and clear communication strategies, complex political and public relations issues were navigated to capitalise on favourable seasonal conditions, generating unprecedented trading profits and resulting in a ground-breaking sale transaction.
- BrisConnections: Voluntary Administration of the ASX listed, stapled investment trusts that formed the BrisConnections group of companies, including its subsidiary companies which operated the AirportLink tunnel in Brisbane. The Group entered into Deeds of Company Arrangement and were subsequently wound up. The Group had over 100 employees and a large number of stakeholders.
- Project Sander: As part of a multi-disciplinary engagement team, developed an efficiency blueprint for the operation of a nuclear reprocessing plant in the UK.