- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance
- B.B.A., Banking and Finance, Chulalongkorn University Bangkok, Thailand
- M.B.A., Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
Chariya Poopisit is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Singapore. Ms. Poopisit has over 15 years experience in the financial and advisory services industry. Her strong corporate finance, financial modeling and analytical skills allow her to provide clients with effective strategic analysis and commercial advice.
Ms. Poopisit has advised lenders and companies across a wide range of issues from debt restructuring to operational turnaround and interim management. Her transaction expertise includes buy-side due diligence and support as well as comprehensive financial modeling for business valuation.
Ms. Poopisit has experience in a variety of industries, including automotive, hospitality, pharmaceutical, property development, mining, manufacturing and trading.
Key engagements include:
- Assisting China Investment Corporation in assessing the debt service capacity of a mining company in their portfolio
- Implementing various strategic initiatives to preserve value for lenders and shareholders of a high precision plastic manufacturer with facilities in Malaysia, China, and acted as its interim CFO. Work was conducted with an SMD from FTI Consulting who was appointed interim CRO for the company
- Assisting a group of private investors in identifying an exit strategy for their US$390m investment in the gaming business in Macau SAR
In relation to transaction advisory, Ms. Poopisit has assisted private equity/hedge funds on buy-side due diligence and business valuation assignments.
Examples of her work include:
- Business valuation of a coal mining project in Central Kalimantan in a shareholder’s dispute matter
- Financial review of a luxury resort with time-sharing elements in Thailand
- Financial and operational review of an American automotive company based in South Korea
- Business valuation of a pharmaceutical and property development business in South East Asia
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Ms. Poopisit was a vice president at Far East Securities and an assistant vice president at Bangkok Bank PLC.
Chariya holds a Master of Science in Industrial Administration (MSIA) from Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, USA and a Bachelor of Business Administration from Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand.