- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- B.Sc., Economics, London School of Economics
- Certificate in Energy, University of Oxford
- Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA)
- South African Association for Energy Economics (SAAEE)
- Performance Improvement
- Strategy Consulting & Research
- Energy, Power & Products
Claire Lawrie is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting in Johannesburg, South Africa. She is in the business Transformation practice and is the sector lead for Energy.
Claire's areas of expertise are in strategy, performance improvement, merger integration, market analysis, organization redesign and regulatory change responses.
For the past 18 years, Claire has worked with international oil companies, national oil companies, independents, and energy and petroleum ministries. Her global experience includes working for clients in Africa (e.g. Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa), Europe (e.g. Netherlands, UK), Americas (e.g. Canada, USA) and the Middle East (e.g. Iran, Kuwait, Qatar).
Claire has supported clients in the areas of:
- Strategy setting at national oil companies
- Developing responses to regulatory changes in the areas of environment and local content
- Performance improvement initiatives for business units in exploration and production and in refining
- Merger integration for post-acquisition and asset swaps
- Large capital project ($1bn +) assurance and risk reviews
- Organization redesign and change
- Defining the economic contribution of oil and gas to countries
- Energy market analysis and benchmarking for oil, gas, chemicals and power
Claire has been a speaker at several oil and gas conferences and published work on the oil and gas industry. Prior to FTI Consulting, she held leadership positions in the oil and gas practices of McKinsey & Company and Accenture in London, UK.
Claire holds a B.Sc. (Hons) in Economics from the London School of Economics and is a member of the Energy Seminar at the University of Oxford.