- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 832 667 5217
- F: +1 713 353 5459
- First City Tower
- 1001 Fannin, Suite 3950
- Houston, TX, 77002
- United States
- T: +1 800 349 9990
- F: +1 713 353 5459
- B.S., Accounting and Finance, Armstrong College
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Construction Management Association of America
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Financial Institutions
Dan Clark is a Managing Director in the FTI Consulting Construction Solutions practice and is based in Houston, TX. Mr. Clark provides consulting, planning, and litigation services to the: construction industry, legal firms, architectural and engineering firms, financial institutions, developers, insurance and surety companies.
Mr. Clark has consulted on numerous projects across a broad spectrum of cases, including:
- Mr. Clark provided litigation support services, including analysis of case production, development of event, fact and timeline matrixes, including assistance with key expert and fact witness depositions and Daubert challenges.
- Mr. Clark provided complex litigation support including international disputes.
- Mr. Clark provided forensic services to the insurance, banking and surety clients relating to: bond claims, project analysis, and economic loss, lost profits, and business interruption claims.
- Mr. Clark developed and prepared: economic impact and damage claims for entities impacted by: theft, business interruption, diminution of business enterprise and business interruption matters.
- Mr. Clark analyzed, developed and prepared expert reports on matters involving: construction delay and cost impact claims and provided related expect witness testimony.
- Mr. Clark reviewed project development submissions, providing analyses and report of findings.
- Mr. Clark conducted forensic investigations relating to financial fraud matters.
- Mr. Clark evaluated financial and construction dispute issues of bond and construction/project claims.
- Mr. Clark conducted evaluation and analysis of construction enterprise systems. Develop reporting and system recommendations and exception matrix to reduce risk and elevate controls, tracking and reporting of projects and related financial elements
- Mr. Clark conducted forensic accounting and investigation of: business devastation claims, fraudulent transfers and financial reporting and disclosure of contractors for sureties, financial institutions, attorneys and financial investors.
- Mr. Clark provided financial and bonding consulting services to the construction industry sureties and the financial services industry.
Prior to entering the construction field, Mr. Clark was the CFO for Industrial Coatings, Inc., which specialized in removal and application of industrial coatings for petrochemical, hydroelectric, bridges and infrastructure projects. Mr. Clark also served as a Senior Manager at Moss Adams, a regional CPA firm based in Seattle, WA, providing consulting, litigation and business development services to the construction, manufacturing and legal communities, leading the Construction practice. As a Senior Manager at KPMG, Mr. Clark provided a broad range of consulting and systems services primarily to the construction and financial market segments.