- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 212 813 1754
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- Three Times Square
- 9th Floor
- New York, NY, 10036
- United States
- T: +1 212 247 1010
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- B.S., Finance, Pennsylvania State University
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Transportation & Logistics
- Real Estate
Daniel Kokini specializes in restructuring, leveraged finance, equity and debt capital markets, and mergers and acquisitions. He has served as an advisor in many aspects of strategic, financial, and operational restructuring on behalf of companies, creditors and shareholders, advising clients across a diverse range of industries which include consumer products, retail, restaurants, media, healthcare, manufacturing, real estate, gaming and transportation.
Mr. Kokini joined FTI Consulting with its acquisition of CDG Group in 2017. Prior to joining CDG Group, he held positions in investment banking with Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Bear Stearns & Co. Inc.
Mr. Kokini holds a B.S. in Finance, cum laude, with a concentration in Financial Accounting from the Pennsylvania State University, where he was awarded the prestigious Ralph H. Wherry Smeal Student Service Award. Mr. Kokini previously held the FINRA Series 79 and 63 licenses.
Mr. Kokini serves on the board of directors of California Pizza Kitchen and is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
• Representing companies and senior creditors in out-of-court and in-court restructurings, including 363 sale transactions
• Acting as financial advisor in the acquisition, sale or spin-off of healthy and under-performing businesses
• Advising clients in structuring, evaluating and obtaining financing in the investment grade, high yield and equity capital markets
• Conducting operational and financial due diligence, including valuations, business plan reviews, and debt capacity analyses
• Assisting financial sponsors, boards of directors, companies, and creditors in developing, evaluating, and executing strategic and financial alternatives
• Executing cost reduction and liquidity improvement initiatives
• Budgeting, forecasting and cash management for healthy and distressed companies
• Restructuring engagements include: Aegean Marine Petroleum, Buffets Restaurants, California Pizza Kitchen, CEVA Logistics, Dean Foods, Diagnostic Imaging Group, Elo Touch Solutions, Expert Global Solutions, Family Christian, FTD Companies, F+W Media, Grede Foundries, HMX Acquisition Corp (Hickey Freeman), Inventure Foods, Newell Recycling Southeast, Nortel Networks, Penn National Gaming/Gaming & Leisure Properties, Performance Bike, RadioShack, Reader’s Digest, Remedy Health Media, Rocket Dog Brands/Millennial Brands, Sara Lee/D.E. Master Blenders, Sbarro, Vertis Inc., Waypoint Leasing and Zelenka Farms.