Dave R. Messinger
- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 212 813 1300
- 650 Fifth Avenue
- 20th Floor
- New York, NY, 10019
- United States
- T: +1 212 813 1300
- B.S., Mathematics & Computer Science, Vanderbilt University
- M.B.A., Management & Operations Management, University of Cincinnati
- Performance Improvement
- Financial Management Process Improvement
- Financial Services
Dave Messinger specializes in business transformation in commercial lending, banking, consumer finance, payments, consumer and commercial insurance, as well as consumer and institutional trading and wealth management. Mr. Messinger has over 20 years consulting experience serving both mid-market and Fortune 100 companies addressing urgent performance issues improving both bottom- and top-line results.
With a track record of leading large-scale transformations for financial institutions facing cost, service, sales, business complexity and speed to market issues, Mr. Messinger’s expertise is deep and significant. This extends to redesigning critical single and multi-function processes spanning back office, service centers, corporate functions, shared services, and branch operations rapidly taking out cost while improving quality, risk management and client experiences.
Further expertise includes driving out complexity while using digital transformation to streamline and automate processes and manual activities. It also includes leveraging customer journeys and design thinking to develop rapid protypes of new operating and service models without causing major business interruptions.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Messinger served financial services clients with McKinsey and Company, Booz Allen Hamilton (Strategy&) as well as his own consulting firm.
- Consumer and Institutional Financial Services: Led multi-year transformation yielding productivity increases ranging from 20% to 70% across entire enterprise
- Payments: Drove net 10% gain in both NPS and CSAT for service centers of a consumer payments provider while reducing call center turnover to single digits and increasing productivity by 20% to 40%
- Banking: Cut cycle time for medium and large-scale commercial lending from 6 months to 4 weeks from initiation to ready to close
- Banking: Cut time to market in half and increased volume by 25% for small business lending by re-imagining internal process and increasing leverage of partner banks and brokers
- Banking: Rebuilt corporate client data model for major export bank enabling integrated multi-product risk analytics
- Insurance: Reduced application development project delivery by 25% to 40% while reducing service interruptions and outages
- Insurance: (FinTech) Redesigned technology innovation partner onboarding, reducing time required from 6 months to 4 weeks while improving 3rd party risk management
- Wealth Management: Engineered service to sales growth by over 15% on a monthly basis (asset gathering and product cross-sell) in service centers and branches