- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 212 499 3686
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- Three Times Square
- 9th Floor
- New York, NY, 10036
- United States
- T: +1 212 247 1010
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University
- J.D., School of Law, New York University
- Licensed Attorney, New York
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Financial Investigations
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- Global Risk & Investigations
- Corporate Fraud & Investigations
David Williams is a Managing Director in the FTI Consulting Global Risk & Investigations Practice and is based in New York. He has 25 years of investigative and litigation experience.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Williams was a tax attorney and Special Agent with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Criminal Investigations division where he led complex financial crime investigations involving tax evasion, fraud, money laundering, corruption and Bank Secrecy Act violations. For 17 years Mr. Williams was a member of the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force in New York City and conducted international and domestic terrorism, counterintelligence, hawala and sanctions (OFAC & IEEPA) investigations. Through collaboration with several U.S. Attorney’s Offices, Mr. Williams gained considerable experience in all phases of federal criminal prosecution and asset forfeiture proceedings.
- Mr. Williams led a comprehensive forensic financial investigation of an international immigration smuggling network which resulted in convictions for racketeering, conspiracy, tax evasion and forfeiture of $6 million in cash and property.
- Mr. Williams was the primary agent in an investigation and prosecution of a former U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer charged with fraud and tax evasion arising from multiple complex schemes to defraud immigrants of millions of dollars in cash. The defendant was sentenced to 11 years after trial.
- Mr. Williams was the principal investigator of a multi-defendant, multi-million dollar stolen property distribution enterprise which resulted in post-trial convictions for tax evasion, bank and wire fraud, and conspiracy.
- Mr. Williams conducted a covert financial investigation of an individual affiliated with a foreign United Nations mission which lead to prosecution for tax crimes, money laundering and International Emergency Economic Power Act (IEEPA) violations with subsequent conviction and forfeiture of substantial criminal proceeds.
- Mr. Williams was the case agent in the prosecution of a United Kingdom based Al Qaida operative for providing material support to terrorism and conspiring to use a destructive device which resulted in a jury verdict and 40-year prison sentence.
Mr. Williams holds a B.A., with high distinction, in Russian and Russian area studies from The Pennsylvania State University and a J.D. from New York University School of Law. He is admitted to practice law in New York State, a Certified Fraud Examiner and a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.