Douglas A. Duke
- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 713 353 5409
- F: +1 713 353 5459
- First City Tower
- 1001 Fannin, Suite 3950
- Houston, TX, 77002
- United States
- T: +1 800 349 9990
- F: +1 713 353 5459
- B.B.A., Economics, New Mexico State University
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
- Energy, Power & Products
Douglas Duke is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment and is based in Houston. He has more than 40 years of experience in multiple aspects of the natural gas industry including production, marketing, royalty administration, and accounting and information systems.
Mr. Duke has been active in the development and implementation of defense and settlement strategies for significant claims and litigation regarding royalty payments, product valuation and marketing practices. He has extensive experience in the analysis of claims and the design and development of valuation models that are strategic tools in the settlement and/or defense strategies of FTI Consulting’s clients.
Mr. Duke has assisted FTI Consulting’s clients in the creation of trial exhibits and displays designed to simplify complex gas marketing issues for presentation to jurors and or judges who are unfamiliar with the natural gas industry. He has participated in alternative dispute resolution activities wherein his experience, combined with the valuation model, has contributed to favorable resolutions of claims against FTI Consulting’s clients.
Mr. Duke has provided testimony before federal and state courts and in numerous depositions regarding natural gas marketing and natural gas valuation issues including contract pricing disputes, natural gas royalties, sales to affiliated companies, gas processed by affiliated companies, post-production costs and natural gas severance taxes.Professional Experience
- Retained by a working interest owner to analyze platform operating expenses and commingled gas allocations in a dispute with the operator of an offshore platform in the High Island area of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Retained by a producer/operator to analyze oil and gas stabilization, gathering, compression and processing fees in a dispute with working interest owners regarding oil and gas produced in the Eagle Ford Shale play.
- Retained by a major gas producer to provide the customary industry interpretation of the royalty clauses in leases covering Fayetteville Shale gas production in Arkansas.
- Retained by a gas producer to assist in the interpretation of various royalty clauses found in leases associated with a class action certification hearing involving Fayetteville Shale gas production in Arkansas.
- Negotiated and administered gas sales contracts in both regulated and non-regulated markets as well as spot sales activities for gas produced in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming and Louisiana. Mr. Duke has also negotiated and administered a wide variety of gas handling agreements covering gathering, processing, treating, compression and operations for gas produced in each of these states plus the Gulf of Mexico.