Douglas A. Duke
- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 713 353 5409
- F: +1 713 353 5460
- First City Tower
- 1001 Fannin, Suite 3950
- Houston, TX, 77002
- United States
- T: +1 800 349 9990
- F: +1 713 353 5459
- B.B.A., Economics, New Mexico State University
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
- Energy, Power & Products
Douglas Duke is a Senior Director at FTI Consulting and is based in the Houston office of FTI Consulting’s Financial Advisory and Litigation Consulting practice. Mr. Duke has over 34 years of experience in multiple aspects of the natural gas industry including production, marketing, royalty administration, accounting and information systems. In addition, Mr. Duke has been active in the development and implementation of defense and settlement strategies for significant claims and litigation regarding royalty payments, product valuation and marketing practices.
Mr. Duke has extensive experience in the analysis of claims and the design and development of valuation models that are strategic tools in the settlement and/or defense strategies of FTI Consulting’s clients. He has assisted FTI Consulting’s clients in the creation of trial exhibits and displays designed to simplify complex gas marketing issues for presentation to jurors and or judges who are unfamiliar with the natural gas industry. He has participated in alternative dispute resolution activities wherein his experience, combined with the valuation model, has contributed to favorable resolutions of claims against FTI Consulting’s clients.
Mr. Duke has provided testimony before federal and state courts and in numerous depositions regarding natural gas marketing and natural gas valuation issues including contract pricing disputes, natural gas royalties, sales to affiliated companies, gas processed by affiliated companies, post-production costs and natural gas severance taxes.
- Retained by a major gas producer to provide the customary industry interpretation of the royalty clauses in leases covering Fayetteville Shale gas production in Arkansas.
- Retained by a gas producer to assist in the interpretation of various royalty clauses found in leases associated with a class action certification hearing involving Fayetteville Shale gas production in Arkansas.
- Negotiated and administered gas sales contracts in both regulated and non-regulated markets as well as spot sales activities for gas produced in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming and Louisiana. Mr. Duke has also negotiated and administered a wide variety of gas handling agreements covering gathering, processing, treating, compression and operations for gas produced in each of these states plus the Gulf of Mexico.
- Negotiated settlements with interstate and intrastate pipelines companies over issues including take-or-pay, account receivables and pricing disputes and has negotiated settlements with private royalty owners, Federal/State agencies and Indian Tribes regarding natural gas royalty valuation issues.