- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 852 3768 4586
- M: +1 902 330 1899
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- TD South Tower, 79 Wellington Street West
- Toronto Dominion Centre, Suite 2010, P.O. Box 104
- Toronto, ON, M5K 1G8
- T: +1 416 649 8100
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering, City University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of London
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- EnCE Certified Examiner
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Computer Information Forensic Investigator (CIFI)
- Certified Information Engineer of China Ministry of Information Industry
- Data & Analytics
- E-discovery Software & Services
Gary Tse is a Managing Director in the Data & Analytics practice at FTI Consulting with native Chinese language proficiency in both Mandarin and Cantonese, and is based in Canada. He is a senior data expert with a combined experience in Big Data, digital forensic, e-discovery and software development.
Having worked across the globe, Gary specializes in conducting complex investigate assignments involving proactive and reactive AML matters, financial crime compliance, export control compliance, transactions monitoring, fraud detection and investigations. He has a broad in-depth knowledge and extensive experience in addressing clients’ business and regulatory needs through applying cutting edge technologies with numerous data analytics perspectives.
- An investigation to quantify the magnitude of sanction regions related shipments and the subsequent Monitorships supports for a multinational telecommunication equipment and systems company in response to the U.S. Export Controls violations;
- A data analytics framework implementation for a global banking corporation to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the AML transaction monitoring system;
- An investigation for a multinational retail corporation to quantify the unauthorized inventory mark-up activities used to artificially inflate profits without any actual sale of merchandise;
- The historical HIBOR submission rate analysis for a multinational banking corporation as part of a Hong Kong regulator driven look-back review in response to the U.S. LIBOR scandal;
- An accounting journal entry review for a leading casino resort in Macau in order to protect investors through audit oversight based on PCAOB standards;
- A comprehensive technical SWIFT data extraction and analysis for a multinational banking and financial services company as part of a U.S. regulator driven AML look-back review; and
- A workforce analytics platform implementation for a global insurance corporation to identify potential global taxation issues related to frequent business travelers.
Gary started his career as a Software Engineer and subsequently spent several years as a law enforcement officer. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Gary was the Regional Head of Surveillance Analytics at a global banking corporation, leading a regional AML analytics framework implementation. This was preceded by over six years working in forensic technologies and data analytics at a Big 4 consulting firm and a U.S. business advisory firm.