- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 2 8247 8032
- Bachelor of Business, Property, University of South Australia
- Corporate Finance
Glen Smith is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment at FTI Consulting and is based in Sydney, Australia. He is a technical expert in the Real Estate Advisory team.
Glen is an experienced real estate practitioner and has extensive experience in valuation, corporate real estate, asset management and transactional advisory, with a broad cross-section of competencies including identification, analysis, strategy and delivery of repositioning projects.
Glen joins FTI Consulting following previous roles at PwC (distressed transactions), FKP Property Group (asset management and acquisitions) and Urbis (tenant advisory) in Sydney.
Glen is proficient in real estate transaction advisory in all stages of the business cycle, most recently in stressed or distressed situations, but he has also been in growth and repositioning roles. Glen has a firm understanding of the fundamentals of real estate and its legal and regulatory environments.
Glen’s experience allows him to identify real estate issues early on and resolve them. In addition, he is able to ‘speak the same language’ as third party property advisors so that all parties are aligned to achieve an improved outcome.
- Providing landlord advisory, company-side for two prominent Australian retailers to achieve a repositioning and/or restructuring of their store networks.
- Sell down of 180 luxury residential units and repositioning of a retail centre component (in readiness for sale) of a mixed used development on the Gold Coast.
- Orderly unwinding of two Australian retail chains leasing commitments, circa 30 large format retail and 90 retail stores nationally.
- Sell down of a NSW mortgage corporation property loan book, predominantly strata units in NSW, circa AU$50 million.
- Sell down of a Queensland mortgage corporation property loan book, predominantly Queensland land, circa AU$30 million.
- Identification of assets for acquisition, creation and delivery of repositioning strategy for ultimate sale.
Prior to his Australian experience, Glen worked with BP in London on the integration of Castrol and Veba Oel real estate assets across Europe. He began his career as a valuer at Knight Frank in Adelaide, which provided a solid grounding in the basic principles of real estate.