- Senior Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +61 2 8247 8023
Jason Cheung is a Senior Director in the Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment of FTI Consulting. He is a forensic accountant with over 13 years of experience in forensics, auditing and corporate recovery. Jason specialises in forensic accounting, investigations, fraud risk, and governance reviews.
Jason has undertaken numerous investigations relating to tax avoidance, fraud and misappropriation of funds for corporates and government agencies including ASIC, ATO, ACCC, AGS, and FWO. These engagements involved transaction reviews, financial analysis and quantification of loss.
He has also undertaken regulatory compliance engagements involving independent expert roles for enforceable undertakings requiring assessment of risk and compliance frameworks and oversight of implementation of remediation.
Jason’s dispute experience covers various matters including intellectual property theft and infringement, breach of contract, post-acquisition disputes, and misleading and deceptive conduct. He has undertaken financial analysis, financial modelling, valuations and calculation of economic loss, culminating in independent expert reports for litigation.
Examples of the significant matters Jason has been responsible for include:
- Independent compliance expert engagement to review a Big 4 bank in the implementation of their remediation program relating to inappropriate financial advice provided by its advisers. Our review resulted in additional compensation being offered to customers.
- Investigation into the corporate structure, directorships and transactions in a tax-avoidance proceeding, which resulted in prosecutions against the directors.
- Independent compliance expert engagement to review the employee grievance processes, whistleblower facilities and employee entitlements process relating to an enforceable undertaking.
- Independent accounting expert engagement to analyse the funds flow of a joint venture in a proceeding against one of the directors for misappropriating the revenue streams of the business.