- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +33 1 47 03 65 57
- M: +33 6 27 79 58 82
- F: +33 01 40 08 12 59
- 86, boulevard Haussmann
- Paris, 75008
- T: +33 1 47 03 68 10
- F: +33 01 40 08 12 59
- B.S., Political Science, ILERI
- B.S., History, Université Paris-Sorbonne
- Corporate Fraud & Investigations
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
Jean-Marie is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting's Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice in Paris. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Jean-Marie worked 13 years at Kroll's Investigations and Disputes practice. He was an Associate Managing Director from the Paris office. Previously, he worked for the French administration (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defence).
Jean-Marie specializes in complex investigations where a combination of techniques is required: Public sources researches, fieldwork/interviews, computer or forensic accounting techniques, etc.
Formerly, Director of Research, he knows precisely the online and offline resources from which public data is available; further, to obtain relevant and qualified intelligence he developed a vast network of contacts in various business sectors.
Jean-Marie has led large assignments that required a combination of various skills and profiles. He is skilled in managing multidisciplinary teams and handling complex client situations: working with heightened confidentiality requirement, handling personal relationships in degraded conditions, etc.
Jean-Marie has a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from ILERI (Institut d'Etudes des Relations Internationales, Paris) and another in History from Paris IV - La Sorbonne. He is fluent in English and French.
- A large fraud investigation into an international cooperation program in Africa. Jean-Marie coordinated a team of fraud investigators, auditors and lawyers. The team was able to expose the fraud scheme, evaluate the loss and point out who was responsible for the fraud.
- Multi-jurisdictional asset search on high profile businessmen and their corporate entities. The team searched assets held outside the local authorities' reach and not already attached by other creditors. This is in the context of organized insolvency.
- Investigation on a client's opposing party in a litigation in a significantly deteriorated context. The subject waged an all-out war against the client's interests (attempts to influence the Court members, smear campaign to damage its reputation, alleged "whistle-blower alerts" mailed to the client's employees, etc.). The team could map the subject's influence network and find his internal allies within the client's structure.
- Audit of compliance processes for companies of various sizes (from the SME to listed groups): checks of the existing corpus of procedures, interviews at different levels in the structure and in different jurisdictions to assess the team's knowledge about the processes, measure the processes adequacy to actual situations and their overall consistency to company practices; external inquiries on some specific risk areas to get 360° feedbacks from outside the company; implementation of processes and training of the teams.