- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 416 649 8070
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- TD South Tower, 79 Wellington Street West
- Toronto Dominion Centre, Suite 2010, P.O. Box 104
- Toronto, ON, M5K 1G8
- T: +1 416 649 8100
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- H.B.A., Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
- Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional
- Chartered Professional Accountant
- Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA), Global Board of Trustees
- Corporate Finance
- Interim Management
- Lender Advisory
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Jim Robinson is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in Toronto. He is a member of the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment. Mr. Robinson has more than 10 years of experience acting as an advisor to management, directors, lenders and financial institutions, legal counsel, private equity and debt firms, unions and other stakeholders in both formal and informal restructurings.
Mr. Robinson has advised both public and privately owned enterprises in several industries, including retail, mining, real estate, technology, manufacturing, aerospace, steel, hospitality and gaming and lease financing. He has extensive expertise in developing and implementing restructuring strategies, leading complex projects and insolvency administrations, assisting with stakeholder negotiations and developing recapitalization and realization strategies. Mr. Robinson also has significant experience with cross-border restructurings having been involved in numerous U.S. Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 proceedings, and with interim management roles having acted in a number of capacities for a variety of organizations.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Robinson was a Senior Manager in the restructuring practice of Deloitte Restructuring Inc. in Toronto.
Mr. Robinson holds an Honors Business Administration degree graduating with distinction from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario. He is a Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional and a Chartered Professional Accountant. Mr. Robinson is a member of the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals, Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario and Turnaround Management Association.