- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +852 3768 4720
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Level 35, Oxford House
- Taikoo Place
- 979 King's Road
- Quarry Bay
- China, Hong Kong
- T: +852 3768 4500
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Data & Analytics
- Risk Management
- Risk Management & Internal Controls
- Regulation and Compliance
- Financial Services
John Collins is an expert in data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence, which includes dataset gathering, neural network training, the science of making it work, and deployment in production.
John is also an expert in risk management, including market, credit, liquidity, operational, cyber, financial crimes and regulatory compliance risks. He has extensive capital markets experience across fixed income, foreign exchange, equities, delta one, and OTC derivatives. He has directed large transformation programmes in global financial institutions for trading and portfolio management, market and credit risk, enterprise data architecture and regulation.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, John was a Partner in a data and analytics boutique firm, providing machine learning and AI solutions to banks, asset managers, and insurers. His consulting leverages twenty years of experience in tier one financial institutions in Asia, London and New York.
John is a PhD Candidate at EDHEC Business School. His research has been accepted for publication in dominant journals and applies machine learning (neural networks) to price and volatility prediction with high frequency data. He also applies machine learning to model and mitigate noise and other market microstructure effects.
- Set up and led an Artificial Intelligence Data and Analytics (AIDA) Laboratory for a global investment bank in Asia, co-sponsored by regulators The AIDA Laboratory.
- Execution across a broad range of machine learning and AI methods, whilst fusing solutions with relevant finance constructs for tractability, ensuring a primary emphasis upon the role of user experience and analytics, making AI accessible and real via simple compelling graphics viewable on mobile devices.
- Addressing up front issues relating to data access, data governance, and environment set up; ensuring that sufficient hardware and compute power is at hand. In addition, establishing and promoting policies for use of opensource code within closed financial services environments.
- Partnering effectively through collaboration with internal quant teams, IT, businesses, support functions, and other key stakeholders.