- Senior Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 646 485 0527
- M: +1 646 425 8862
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- Three Times Square
- 9th Floor
- New York, NY, 10036
- United States
- T: +1 212 247 1010
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- B.S., Accounting, University at Albany, State University of New York
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors (AIRA)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Karl Knechtel is a Senior Director in the Turnaround & Restructuring practice. He has over 15 years of experience in restructuring, forensic accounting and litigation services. His industry experience includes healthcare, retail and consumer products, construction, restaurant and food services, manufacturing, telecommunications and professional services.
Mr. Knechtel has experience serving the various parties-in-interest for bankruptcy proceedings and has served as financial advisor to numerous creditors’ committees. Mr. Knechtel is also experienced in forensic accounting including fraudulent conveyance litigation and investigating financial frauds.
Mr. Knechtel’s healthcare experience includes advising Neighbors Health, the Unsecured Creditors’ Committees for Adeptus, St. Francis Hospital, Interfaith Medical Center and Dewitt Nursing Home.
Some of Mr. Knechtel’s additional previous clients include serving as the financial advisor for the Unsecured Creditors’ Committees of Loehmann’s, United Retail Group, Vann’s and Norwood Promotional Products. He also has extensive experience as financial advisor for Chapter 7 trustees including Thelen LLP, Eastwind Maritime and HRH Construction.
Mr. Knechtel currently serves as a board member of the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors.