Mark A. Laber
- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 646 485 0568
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- Three Times Square
- 9th Floor
- New York, NY, 10036
- United States
- T: +1 212 247 1010
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- B.S., Accountancy, Villanova University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors (AIRA)
- New York Society of Security Analysts
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Corporate Finance
- Creditor Rights, Relations & Negotiations
- Lender Advisory
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Mark Laber is a Senior Managing Director in the Turnaround & Restructuring practice. Mr. Laber’s advisory experience is primarily focused on advising steering committees, ad hoc groups and official creditor committees of distressed companies. He has industry expertise in consumer products, energy, e-commerce, fertilizer, for-profit education, grocery, healthcare, homebuilding, maintenance, repair and overhaul, manufacturing, media, oil field services, pulp and paper, retail, restaurant and software.
A representative list of engagements that Mr. Laber has provided services on include A&P, AbitibiBowater, AES Thames, API Heat Transfer, Anuvia Plant Nutrients, Atrium Corporation, Aveos, Bally Total Fitness, Blockbuster, Buffets, CHC Helicopter, Claim Jumper, Connecture, CTI Foods, Defy Media, Education Management Corporation, Edison Mission Energy, FTD Companies, Fuddruckers, GenMa, Hawaiian Telcom, Kimball Hill, Muzak, Nebraska Book Company, Northampton Generating Company, Oriental Trading, Perkins & Marie Callender’s, PetSmart, Preferred Proppants, ResCap, Remington, Revstone, Savers, Smurfit Stone Container, StoneMor Partners LP, SVP Worldwide and Venoco.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Laber spent five years at PricewaterhouseCoopers (“PwC”), with the last two years in its Transaction Services Valuation and Accounting Advisory group and the first three years of his career within the Audit practice. At PwC, Mr. Laber performed valuation services for clients within several industries, including pharmaceutical, automotive, healthcare and apparel.
Mr. Laber holds a B.S. in accountancy from Villanova University. He is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor, a Certified Turnaround Professional and a Chartered Financial Analyst. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors, the New York Society of Security Analysts and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.