- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- B.B., Accounting, Griffith University
- Insolvency Practitioner Australia
- Diploma of Government Investigations, Australia
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
Mark specialises in financial crime advisory and investigation matters, often involving bribery and corruption, money laundering, fraud, asset misappropriation, financial statement reconstruction and asset tracing. With 26 years’ international experience in forensic accounting, expert witness and investigations, he has led multinational teams in a number of high profile global matters.
Mark helps clients assess fraud and corruption risks, focusing particularly on anti-bribery and corruption regulatory compliance matters. He also ensures internal controls, as part of wider fraud and corruption compliance programs, are robust and can successfully mitigate risks and detect issues.
Mark works closely with law firms, in-house legal counsel, chief risk and compliance officers and boards on various business integrity issues and events, using sound professional judgment to quickly assess facts and formulate appropriate courses of action. Mark uses innovative technology solutions to monitor risk and detect non-compliant behaviour and drive efficiencies and effectiveness of investigations.
Mark has conducted extensive financial investigations in the context of formal insolvency proceedings and restructuring appointments, involving antecedent transactions, roles of directors and civil / criminal actions.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Mark led the Forensics and Technology practice at Control Risks for Southern Asia and Oceania region. Before returning to Australia in 2014, Mark spent most of his career overseas working at big 4 and boutique advisory firms in Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands and Thailand. This includes in-country case management experience in more than 25 countries across Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas.