- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +65 6506 7668
- F: +65 6831 7859
- 8 Shenton Way, #32-03
- AXA Tower
- T: +65 6831 7820
- F: +65 6831 7859
- Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (SISV)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)
- Society of Construction Law (Singapore), Council, Honorary Treasurer and Co-Chair
- Construction Solutions
Moon Kua is an Associate Director in the Construction Solutions segment at FTI Consulting and is based in Singapore.
Moon is a qualified quantity surveyor and has a combined consultant and contractor background with 22 years of experience in both construction and infrastructure projects. She is experienced in both non-contentious and contentious work.
Moon is conversant with the various standard forms of building contracts. She has extensive experience in providing advice relating to procurement, drafting and reviewing tender/contract documentation, drafting of contract administration templates to be used in conjunction with both standard and bespoke forms and providing strategic and commercial advice to clients.
Previous roles include leading the project team of an integrated resort project in the preparation, negotiation and settlement of contentious claims and working closely alongside lawyers in defending serial adjudication proceedings. She was also involved in matters relating to contractual and insurance claims arising from the abandonment of the partially constructed line for a rail project.
Recent work assignments have involved producing expert reports including taking the role of the quantum expert witness.
Moon is a council member of the Society of Construction Law (SCL) Singapore. She is in her 4th running term and currently serves on the council as the Honorary Treasurer and Co-Chair of the Professional Development Committee.
Moon’s prior industry experience includes:
- Lead quantum expert assistant for the valuation of completed works for a power plant project in Malaysia.
- Lead quantum expert assistant for the valuation of variations and terminations related claims for a park project, and on matters relating to variations, loss & expense and acceleration claims for a hotel project in Singapore.
- Quantum expert on matters relating to prolongation & acceleration claims and providing opinion on issues relating to the reasonableness of the sub-contractor’s claims for the Thomson MRT Line in Singapore.
- Quantum expert on disputed final accounts for an entertainment centre in Singapore.
- Preparation of the loss and expense claim report for a main contractor for a water reclamation plant project in Singapore.
- Independent review on entitlement of variations and preparation of loss and expense claim report for a canal construction project in Singapore.
- Key lead on matters relating to the acquisition of a construction firm in Singapore.
- Circle Line Stage 2 (C823), Singapore (more than SG$350 million, 2006-2008) – responsible for managing the contracts team with a specific focus on claims preparation and defence relating to notified claims.
- Circle Line Stage 1 (C828), Singapore (more than SG$200 million, 2006-2008) – responsible for managing the contracts team with a specific focus on the contractual and insurance claims due to the abandonment of a partially constructed line arising from the Nicoll Highway Collapse.
Construction of Hotels and Theme Parks on Sentosa Island, Singapore (more than SG$400 million, 2014-2016) – key member of the project team, dealing largely on matters relating to major disputed variation claims, acceleration claims, prolongation costs/loss and expense and working closely with lawyers in adjudication proceedings. Moon holds a Bachelor degree in Building from the University of South Australia and a Graduate Certificate in International Arbitration from the National University of Singapore.