- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 416 649 8065
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- TD South Tower, 79 Wellington Street West
- Toronto Dominion Centre, Suite 2010, P.O. Box 104
- Toronto, ON, M5K 1G8
- T: +1 416 649 8100
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Nottingham
- Turnaround Management Association, Toronto Chapter
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA), Global Board of Trustees
- Corporate Finance
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy, Power & Products
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Nigel Meakin specializes in assisting financially troubled companies, undertaking business reviews and managing insolvency administrations. Mr. Meakin has extensive experience in developing and implementing reorganisation strategies and providing advice and support to lending institutions, corporate clients and legal counsel. He has industry expertise in a wide variety of areas, including aerospace, retail, telecommunications, real estate, manufacturing, healthcare, technology, agricultural products, oil and gas, steel, mining and natural resources.
Mr. Meakin has been involved in and supervised a large number of reorganisation, insolvency and investigation assignments. He currently devotes most of his time to advising corporations and financial institutions across Canada with the proposed reorganisations of companies in financial distress, performing in-depth analysis of companies’ business affairs to develop restructuring and recapitalisation plans. Mr. Meakin has extensive experience on cross-border assignments. He has served as Chief Restructuring Officer and has also been called on to provide expert testimony in restructuring proceedings.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Meakin was a Partner in the Financial Advisory Services group of PricewaterhouseCoopers (“PwC”), where he specialised in corporate restructuring and insolvency. He had been with PwC and its predecessors since 1989, during which his primary focus was on restructuring work. Mr. Meakin was also a contributing author for the 2004 and 2008 editions of The Americas Restructuring and Insolvency Guide.
Mr. Meakin is a former Director and Treasurer of the Turnaround Management Association’s Toronto chapter. He was the National Insolvency Examination Gold Medal Winner in 2000.