- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 2 8247 8087
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- Level 15, 50 Pitt Street
- Sydney, NSW, 2000
- T: +61 2 8247 8000
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- Bachelors of Commerce, Mumbai University
- M.B.A., IE Business School, Spain
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Due Diligence
- Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
- Transaction Advisory
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
- Retail & Consumer Products
Preeti Inchody is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment, specialising in transaction advisory. She is also the industry leader for TMT in Australia and works in close collaboration with FTI Consulting's global TMT team.
Preeti works on lead M&A advisory and transaction support, that is commercial and financial due diligence, and advises company lenders and equity sponsors across a range of sectors. She has strong experience advising companies in financial stress and distress, undergoing shareholder disputes and companies operating in mature and disrupted industries. Preeti is adept at navigating companies through a transaction during uncertain times. She is one of the few ‘special situations’ transaction advisors in Australia and prides herself on driving outcomes for her clients in challenging situations. Preeti has industry expertise in retail, e-commerce, telecom, media and technology (TMT). In these sectors she often advises high growth companies as well.
Preeti is adept at navigating companies through a transaction during uncertain times. She has strong experience advising companies in financial stress and distress, undergoing shareholder disputes and companies operating in mature and disrupted industries. She is one of the few ‘special situations’ transaction advisors in Australia and prides herself on driving outcomes for her clients in challenging situations.
Preeti's significant experience in M&A include:
- Interim management and successful sell-side advisory to the beneficiaries of a leading family owned therapeutics laboratory on its sale to a Europe based buyer during a succession event. A competitive price was achieved.
- Strategic advice and a time critical sale of a non-core business arm for an oil and gas service provider during a restructuring process (Lender’s debt exposure >AU$60 million). Transaction executed in 8 weeks.
- Successful divestures of overseas business units of Surfstitch, an e-commerce retailer with >AU$100m in revenue, and sale of the Surfstitch Australia business to Alceon PE during a restructuring process. The company survived and continues its growth journey under new ownership.
- Sell-side advisory to the shareholders of the Australian online insurance broker Lifebroker on its trade sale to TAL - a Dai-ichi Life company.
- Restructuring advice and sell-side advisory for an iconic Australian retailer.
Preeti's significant experience in Due diligence include:
- Assisting the CFO’s office of a AU$300m revenue company to go through an intensive due diligence process run by a large Europe based strategic acquirer.
- Financial due diligence for a debt fund evaluating an investment in an O&G service provider.
- Commercial due diligence for a private equity firm making a multi-billion dollar bid for an ASX listed media company with revenues in excess of AU$1 billion – in collaboration with FTI Consulting’s publishing experts based in the U.S.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Preeti was with a boutique investment banking firm specialising in M&A, where she has worked on both buy side and sell side opportunities.