- Managing Director
- Economic & Financial Consulting
- T: +61 2 8298 6112
- Masters of Professional Accounting, The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Tasmania
Robert Prydon is a Managing Director in the Economic & Financial Consulting practice. Rob specialises in applying economics to the energy, water and infrastructure sector, with over 25 years of experience in regulatory and commercial analysis, strategic planning and financial modelling.
Rob’s areas of expertise include:
- development of pricing and cost allocation methodologies
- development of access regulation arrangements
- mergers and acquisitions
- economic cost benefit analysis
- financial analysis and project evaluation
- compliance reviews and risk analysis
- strategy development and strategic reviews
- expert advice during major commercial disputes
- analysis of market structure and market power issues
- benchmarking and performance analysis
Rob has worked in senior roles with regulators and in industry as well as providing advisory services across the breadth of long-life infrastructure businesses.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting in 2019, Rob was working as senior economist with the Australian Energy Market Commission where he was responsible for expert economic input into key reviews such as the reliability standards and setting review and market design issues including moving to five-minute settlement and review of the system security framework.
Rob has also held multiple roles with consulting groups, energy businesses and regulators covering issues ranging from expert advice in pricing disputes, development of regulatory arrangements, development of financial models and pricing arrangements and input into market design issues.