- Senior Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 212 651 7124
- M: +1 973 832 9034
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- Three Times Square
- 9th Floor
- New York, NY, 10036
- United States
- T: +1 212 247 1010
- F: +1 212 841 9350
- B.A., English, Cornell University
- M.B.A., Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors (AIRA)
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- New Jersey Society of CPAs
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Financial Services
Roberta Probber is a Senior Director in the Turnaround & Restructuring practice. She has over 10 years of experience in forensic accounting, restructuring and cash flow management for both distressed and non-distressed companies. Her industry experience includes healthcare and senior living, non-profit museums, retail and consumer products, financial services, manufacturing and food and poultry processing.
Ms. Probber has represented unsecured and secured creditors in bankruptcy situations, analyzed and negotiated preference actions, worked to develop and negotiate sustainable debt restructuring plans and developed business valuations for use in litigation.
She has worked with companies to manage short and long-term cash flow in distressed and non-distressed situations, identified and investigated pre-petition fraudulent conveyance issues and directors and officers liability, and managed the disposition of assets as well as claim evaluation and reconciliation. In addition to working on behalf of bankruptcy estates, Ms. Probber has successfully defended a major multi-national company facing millions of dollars of potential preference exposure.
In respect to liquidating trusts, Ms. Probber has guided operations to efficiently wind down bankruptcy estates by reducing expenses and managing operations, including the wind-down retirement plans, while focusing on maximizing returns to creditors. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Ms. Probber was a Senior Manager with CohnReznick’s Restructuring, Litigation and Transactional Services team.
Before entering the restructuring industry, Ms. Probber spent nearly 20 years working with financial institutions. As a bank stock analyst, she was cited in regional and national publications and recognized by the Wall Street Journal as one of the top five stock pickers for Banks and Savings and Loans for 2001. Her investment banking experience includes raising capital, mutual to stock conversions, mergers and acquisitions and development of capital plans for distressed banks and thrifts.