- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 213 452 6034
- B.B.A., Finance, University of Texas
- M.B.A., UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- FINRA Series 7 and 63
- Business Plan Review
- Investment Banking
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Scott Farnsworth specializes in providing financial advisory services to clients primarily within the aviation industry. With more than 20 years of experience, Mr. Farnsworth’s provides companies and their stakeholders with turnaround, restructuring, investment banking and strategic advice to maximize enterprise value.
Mr. Farnworth’s expertise includes strategic planning and negotiations; business plan development and review; bankruptcy preparation; detailed cash flow forecasting and liquidity management; Chapter 11 plan negotiations; claims estimation and management; DIP financing; §363 sales; the acquisition and financing of aircraft and engines; sale-leasebacks; lease buyouts; lease and debt restructurings; and ex-im financing.
Mr. Farnsworth began his career with Ernst & Young, where he focused on turnaround and restructuring work across a wide array of industries. In 2006, Mr. Farnsworth joined the Corporate Finance practice of Imperial Capital LLC. His work there heavily focused on aviation and included advisory roles at Mesaba, Mesa, Aloha, Hawaiian, Pinnacle, Republic, Southern Air, Virgin, Gemini Air Cargo, and official creditor committees whose members included United, Delta, American, aircraft lessors, trade vendors and organized labor.
In the past, Mr. Farnsworth has testified in U.S. Bankruptcy Court on topics that include §363 sale processes, management incentive programs, financial forecasting and DIP financing.
In 2018, Mr. Farnsworth was an M&A Advisor Debt Financing of the Year nominee for his work on AeroCentury. He won Airfinance Journal’s 2015 Regional Jet/Turboprop Deal of the Year for his Mesa Airlines engagement, as well as Turnaround Atlas Awards’ 2011 Corporate Turnaround Deal of the Year ($1+ billion) also for the Mesa Airlines work.
- AeroCentury, Inc.: Served as the exclusive financial advisor to AeroCentury in negotiations for a restructured revolving line of credit that significantly increased borrowing-base availability and on competitively placed term loans for select assets.
- Mesa Air Group, Inc.: Advised Mesa on a series of transactions, including a note exchange; a Chapter 11 restructuring and related preparatory work; the sourcing and financing of approximately 60 growth aircraft and related spare engines; the structured sale of pre-IPO equity interests in Spirit Airlines; lease deferrals; lease buyouts and related financing; ex-im financing for aircraft and MRO services; and buy-side diligence.
- Southern Air Holdings, Inc.: Served as the exclusive financial advisor to Southern Air in initiating and negotiating its post-reorganization exchange of debt for equity (de-leveraging the company and positioning it for significant growth with its primary customer, DHL) and in the subsequent successful sale of Southern Air to Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc.
- Republic Airways, Inc.: Served as financial advisor to the official committee of unsecured creditors in a case focused on right-sizing and stabilizing the debtors’ operations while ensuring appropriate governance measures for a reorganized debtor that was to be majority owned by the carrier’s three primary customers, American, United and Delta.
- United MEC: Served as financial advisor to the Master Executive Council of the Air Line Pilots Association at United Airlines as the MEC evaluated i) the financial performance and future prospects of United relative to peer carriers, and ii) the potential ramifications for the MEC and the pilots it represented of industry consolidation and prospective mergers.