Scott W. Carnahan
- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 213 452 6023
- F: +1 213 689 1220
- 350 S. Grand Avenue
- Suite 3000
- Los Angeles, CA, 90071
- United States
- T: +1 213 689 1200
- F: +1 213 689 1220
- M.B.A., Accounting and Securities, University of California Irvine
- B.A., Economics, University of California, Irvine
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT) 2009 to present
- Accounting & Risk Management
- Litigation Support & Analytical Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
Scott Carnahan is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in Los Angeles. Mr. Carnahan has more than 30 years of accounting, consulting and management experience in the financial institutions industry. He is a Certified Public Accountant, and his background includes a CPA and Partner in accounting, audit and advisory services with KPMG, where he focused extensively on financial institutions clients.
Mr. Carnahan served at KPMG as an Audit Partner and later as a Consulting Partner and National Director of KPMG’s Advisory Services, directing audit and specialized consulting resources nationally for numerous large banks and other financial institutions. He also led major projects nationally and consulting on regulatory compliance, complex structured transactions, loss analysis, capital markets and valuations at some of the largest banks and financial institutions in the U.S.
Mr. Carnahan has provided financial, accounting and expert witness and litigation consultant on accounting, reporting, financial and damages matters and complex transactions. In addition he previously served as interim CFO and President of public and private multi-billion dollar institutions. He is currently a Board of Trustee member for a public mortgage REIT.
Mr. Carnahan as served as an expert witness in numerous court cases including both deposition and trial testimony.