Capital Markets Research & Perception Audits
FTI Consulting uses capital markets research and perception audits to help companies identify and manage the critical factors that affect reputation and enterprise value. Our Capital Markets Communications team consists of former Wall Street professionals, chartered financial analysts and statisticians who leverage their deep knowledge and extensive network of relationships within the investment community to conduct a wide range of research and analysis for clients.
The research serves as a foundation for a company’ communications planning and strategy development and enables the organization to:
- Drive more effective and efficient investor relations programs
- Improve message resonance
- Increase the return on investment of investor targeting and engagement
- Inform board and management decisions
- Predict investor reactions to corporate developments
FTI Consulting has deep expertise in helping clients assess and communicate a new strategy or transformative M&A, identify the best capital allocation policy, and evaluate and prepare for critical risks to enterprise value, including the threat of shareholder activism.
To accomplish this, FTI Consulting has a variety of offerings, including:
- Perception audits
- Investor targeting and engagement
- Message testing and narrative development
- Program benchmarking and reporting
- Financial modeling and valuation analyses
These offerings are underpinned by an array of methodologies, including both quantitative and qualitative primary research, as well as secondary research, across multiple stakeholder groups.