Go Matsumoto is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment in Japan. Mr. Matsumoto has more than 20 years of consulting experience in M&A advisory, post-merger integration (“PMI”), operational excellence and digital transformation. His industry experience includes financial services, manufacturing, trading houses and life sciences.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Matsumoto was a partner at a Big Four within its customer and operations practice, where he supported clients with their business and IT transformation. Over the course of his tenure, Mr. Matsumoto’s primary focus was on value up projects for acquired companies and cross-border M&A integration.
Mr. Matsumoto has also previously worked for General Electric, where he supported organizations in optimizing processes through the implementation of Six-Sigma methodologies, managing large-scale complex PMI projects and executing change management strategies.
- Managed commercial, operations and IT due diligence pertaining to targets for acquisition
- Supported the development of a three-year growth strategy for an IT services provider
- Led change management for a recently acquired company's primary business function involving devising future processes and leading teams across various functions, workgroups, and management tiers to integrate new work rules, business processes and organizational culture into the newly formed company
- Employed data analytics techniques to examine operational data of a target company, generating hypotheses for potential enhancements and synergies
- Established the IT and operations infrastructure of a newly formed company by leveraging industry-standard solutions, with a focus on minimizing costs and implementation risks, achieving the establishment of the company within a short eight-week timeline and utilizing SAAS-based enterprise resource planning (“ERP”) applications
- Defined a digital transformation strategy and implementation plan for a chemical company, and provided project management office (“PMO”) services to monitor and facilitate the achievement of key performance indicators throughout the transformation process
T: +81 80 9682 9859
Hibiya Fort Tower 10F
1-1-1 Nishi Shinbashi
Strategic Planning and Implementation
Supply Chain Optimization