UK Water and Wastewater
The Economic and Financial Consulting practice of FTI Consulting provides clients with clear analysis of complex economic and financial issues for use in legal and regulatory proceedings, strategic decisions and public policy debates.
Our UK water and wastewater team comprises experts in economics, finance, econometrics and accounting with a wealth of experience advising companies, regulators and investors across the UK water sector. Our experts have advised many of the water companies in England and Wales in relation to expected regulatory and legislative reforms. We have provided support to companies during PR09, assisted Bristol Water with its appeal to the Competition Commission in 2010, supported the Northern Ireland Utility regulator with the conduct of a price review and worked with the Water Industry Commission for Scotland on a range of issues around opening the Scottish retail market to competition.
FTI’s water and wastewater team comprises experts in economics, finance, econometrics and accounting who provide expert advice to companies, regulators and investors in a wide range of areas including:
- Price controls
- Business plans
- Market reforms
- Preparing companies for appeals to the Competition Commission
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Report: Financing Multi-Sector Water Supply Assets
- Article: Ofwat’s Risk and Reward Guidance – Gambling on Innovation
- Article: FTI Consulting – Utility Week: Muddy Waters
- Article: FTI Consulting – Utility Week: Off Average?
- Article: FTI Consulting – Utility Week: Unequal Retail
- White Paper: Challenging Ofwat’s PR14 Final Determination