Distressed Debt Acquisition – What’s Next? Trick or Treat?
Date: Thursday, November 8, 2013
Length: 60 minutes
The leaders of FTI Consulting’s Real Estate Solutions Restructuring Advisory practice will share their experiences in the area of real estate debt acquisition and restructuring. The webinar will highlight several prominent real estate related bankruptcies, out-of-court settlements and important transactions. The panelists will address what went right, what went wrong and some of the unexpected twists and turns for investors focused on “getting to the asset”.
Who Should Watch:
- Distressed Debt Buyers
- Hedge Funds and Private Equity Investors
- Lender and Special Servicers
- Lawyers and Accountants
- Real Estate Borrowers
- Distressed Real Estate Debt Market Overview
- Opportunities and Risks – Can you get to the asset out of court?
- What happens if your borrower files bankruptcy: cramdown, 1111(b) elections; Till and other things that go bump in the night
- Important decisions in recent real estate bankruptcy cases