- Senior Managing Director
- T: +1 345 936 1625
- F: +1 345 749 6830
- Suite 3212
- 53 Market Street, Camana Bay
- PO Box 30613
- Grand Cayman, KY1-1203
- Cayman Islands
- T: +1 345 743 6830
- F: +1 345 749 6830
- Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA)
- Joint Insolvency Examinations Board – 2006 Prize Winner (JIEB)
- Fellow of INSOL International (Global Insolvency Practice Course class of 2014/15)
- Restructuring and Insolvency Specialists Association (Cayman)
Andrew Morrison is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in the Cayman Islands. Mr. Morrison has more than 17 years’ experience in insolvency and restructuring advisory matters, including over four years based in the Cayman Islands.
Mr. Morrison has particular expertise in investment funds and banking. His experience includes two separate long-term client secondments to major international banks.
Mr. Morrison has acted as an advisor, director, official liquidator, provisional liquidator, voluntary liquidator and receiver of various Cayman Islands entities. He has delivered insolvency, financial due diligence, sell-side and restructuring options advice in over 70 situations across a broad variety of markets and sectors, including financial services, real estate and oil & gas.
Specific examples of Mr. Morrison’s previous engagements include:
- Joint Provisional Liquidator of Sterling Macro Fund, a Cayman fund invested in high-value listed securities that is subject to a stakeholder dispute
- Joint Provisional Liquidator of Rhone Holdings LP, a private equity fund with substantial assets that was subject to a dispute between the investment manager and the limited partners.
- Joint Official Liquidator of Artefact Partners Global Opportunities Fund Limited, a Cayman fund invested in illiquid assets and subject to litigation proceedings in the UK.
- Joint Official Liquidator of Life Premium Fund SPC, a Cayman closed-ended fund invested in life insurance policies with over 200 investors based in Latin America.
- Court-appointed receiver of Helvetia Trading Fund SP, a segregated portfolio rendered insolvent by the unpegging of the Swiss franc and euro.
- Advisor to a leveraged Cayman fund facing liquidity pressure due to significant redemptions and margin calls on complex securities in companies that are publicly-listed on various exchanges in Asia.
- Lead director in the liquidation of Hadar Fund Ltd, a private investment fund that became subject to highly complex and contentious litigation. This included implementing process and controls for the ‘soft wind down’ of the Rio Capital fund of funds.
- Lead director in the liquidations of Rye Select Broad Market XL Portfolio Ltd, Rye Select Broad Market Insurance Portfolio LDC and Broad Market XL Holdings Ltd, which are funds that invested in assets related to Bernard L. Madoff
- Investment Securities LLC, including approximately US$400 million placed synthetically via leveraged total return swaps.
- Lead director of the liquidation of Peloton ABS Master Fund, a long-standing Cayman liquidation that was subject to a dispute with its prime broker and custodian.
- Liquidations of two failed Cayman registered banks with branches in the Dominican Republic, each with assets of approximately US$200 million.
- Business and options reviews and administrations of multiple large-scale commercial and residential property schemes and portfolios.
- Contingency planning for the administration of Woolworths and options review/administration of the FQR group (Threshers/Wine Rack brands); two of the UK’s largest retail insolvencies to date.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Morrison was a Director in a boutique restructuring practice in the Caribbean and a Director in KPMG in London.