- Managing Director
- T: +44 20 3727 1065
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- Strategic Communications
Ben Brewerton is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting. He is a member of the Strategic Communications segment and is based in London.
Mr. Brewerton joined FTI Consulting in 2006 and has spent over twenty years as a Strategic Communications advisor. Since 2004, he has focused on the natural resources sector. He also has significant experience in the healthcare services, sports business and media sectors. He has extensive IPO and M&A experience, especially within the natural resources sector.
He has advised a number of Russian companies on their international and London market communications and has particular experience of working with companies who have operations in Africa.
His current clients include SEPLAT Petroleum, Shanta Gold, Polyus Gold, RusPetro, Tata Technologies, Atlantis Resources and Care UK.
- In 2014 he advised Heritage Oil on its acquisition by Al Mirqab Capital, Caracal Energy on its acquisition by Glencore, and Mediterranean Oil & Gas on its acquisition by Rockhopper, and advised the consortium of founding shareholders on their acquisition of ENRC.
- Also in 2014 he advised Seplat Petroleum on its IPO, the first London / Lagos dual listing, having advised Caracal Energy on its London listing in 2013.
- In Mining, he advised CAMEC on its offer for Katanga Mining and its sale to ENRC, Nordgold on its attempted IPO and subsequent GDR listing and Severstal Resources on its hostile takeover of Celtic Resources.
- Previously Mr. Brewerton worked with Star Energy on its 2008 acquisition by Petronas and PetroChina on the formation of its refining joint venture with INEOS in 2011 and Heritage Oil on its acquisition of OML30 in Nigeria, in 2012.
- Amongst other Russian and CIS experience, Mr. Brewerton advised Polyus Gold on its Premium Listing in London in 2012 and NordGold on its spin out from Severstal and London listing.
- In 2011, he advised retained care home client, Southern Cross, on its high profile restructuring and in 2010 advised Care UK on its acquisition by Bridgepoint.
- Mr. Brewerton has served as a temporary in-house advisor on a number of secondments at companies such as: GEC / Marconi, Six Continents, Camelot, ScottishPower and Wickes.
- Other health care services experience includes: Synergy Healthcare, PuriCore, ClinPhone, Assura, Lifeline Scientific and Spire Healthcare.