Christopher D. Kent
- Senior Managing Director
- T: +1 202 312 9144
- F: +1 202 312 9101
- 555 12th Street NW
- Suite 700
- Washington, DC, 20004
- United States
- T: +1 202 312 9100
- F: +1 202 312 9101
- Pricing Strategy
- Regulated Industries
- Expert Testimony
- Network Industry Strategies
Christopher D. Kent is a Senior Managing Director of the FTI Network Industries Strategies group of the Economic Consulting practice. Mr. Kent is based in Washington, DC. Since 1970, he has conducted financial and economic studies for companies in a variety of network industries and provided testimony in administrative and judicial proceedings, and arbitrations. Mr. Kent has special expertise in the railroad, postal and telecommunications industries.
Mr. Kent’s studies have included detailed cost and rate studies, market assessments, and re-engineering of operations.
He has also developed strategic plans and tactical implementation models for his clients. Mr. Kent’s studies often employ complex computer-driven models that incorporate detailed engineering input data and utilize state-of-the-art financial analyses. Major project engagements that Mr. Kent has directed during the past several years include:
- Directing, designing and implementing multiple network models simulating major traffic flows throughout North America, including the design of operating parameters for these flows, and presenting expert testimony on the results.
- Leading the analyses and authoring the final report, which formed the basis for the legislative terms of reference, on the creation of a fully integrated, public-private national transportation system in Venezuela.
- Designing the methodologies and supervising efforts to quantify benefits in mergers of four major transportation firms. These benefits formed the basis for the public filings of the merging entities.
- Creating the methodology and authoring a concept paper, on behalf of the United States Postal Service, on utilizing profitability as its primary financial measure.
- Serving as lead outside negotiator for an international telecommunications company on prices for unbundled network elements to gain entry into the local service market.
Mr. Kent holds a B.A. in Political Science and English from the University of Virginia.