- Senior Director
- T: +61 7 3225 4911
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- 22 Market Street
- Brisbane, QLD, 4000
- T: +61 7 3225 4900
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- Bachelor of Business in Professional Accounting, University of Queensland at Brisbane
- Chartered Accountant
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Claire Packer is a Senior Director in the Corporate Finance/Restructuring practice of FTI Consulting and she is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Ms. Packer began her career in the corporate finance industry more than nine years ago and has gained extensive experience in receiverships, voluntary administrations, liquidations, deed of company arrangements, PIA arrangements and bankruptcies.
She has successfully completed appointments for clients across a broad range of industries, including real estate property and development, construction, retirement villages and mining resources. As a result of both formal and informal appointments in Australia, her areas of expertise include management of cash flow and liquidity, working capital analysis, and financial forecasts. She has also had the opportunity to be engaged to conduct forensic investigations in conjunction with The Office of Fair Trading under the Property Agents and Motor Dealers Act.
Ms. Packer’s recent experience includes a leading role in the receivership of a group of entities associated with the operation of a retirement village, and has also had management of appointments involving loan portfolio management and construction entities.
Selected Project Experience
- MCG Resources – engagement resulting from director and shareholder disputes. The key objective was to secure the sale of the entities valuable interest in a subsidiary and an associated Mining Development Lease.
- Hans Continental Smallgoods – national meat processing entity with integrated services within the group. The group continued to trade throughout the appointment, and an acquisition of the key business operations was successfully negotiated with foreign buyers.
- Candetti Constructions – commercial construction entities operating in Adelaide and Brisbane with key contracts held with the relevant state governments, including the Department of Defence. The engagement required significant construction litigation and contract debt negotiations.
- Saville Group – property investment and development group with numerous commercial and development properties. This appointment entailed strategic assessment of the projects and achieving successful outcomes for the client in crystallising the value of the properties.
- Grande Pacific Broadwater Lifestyle Resort – luxury highrise retirement village. The engagement had a long term objective to maximise capacity and turnaround financial performance of the operations. Extensive analysis of cash flow and strategic planning was critical, coupled with management of the statutory compliance requirements.
- Paridian Group – second tier fund lender, with various non-performing loan portfolios.
- Walter Constructions – national commercial construction entity with an international holding entity. Numerous contracts in maintenance or partially complete, with extensive quantum of trade and finance debts. Key tasks in the engagement involved managing personnel in respect to achieving project milestones and associated targets, negotiations and dispute revolution with trade unions and creditors, and significant construction litigation and contract debt negotiations.
- Norfolk Island Jet Express – regional passenger airline operating between Australia, New Zealand and Norfolk Island (external territory to Australia).