- T: +61 3 9604 0609
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- Level 16, Bourke Place
- 600 Bourke Street
- Melbourne, VIC, 3000
- T: +61 3 9604 0600
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- Master of Agribusiness, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance), Deakin University
- Chartered Accountant
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Agribusiness Association of Australia
- Young Agribusiness Professionals
- Corporate Finance
Daniel O’Donoghue is a Director in the Agribusiness industry team within the Corporate Finance/Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and he is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Mr O’Donoghue has recent and relevant experience in agribusiness restructuring, advisory, M&A, corporate transactions and project management across a range of sectors, deal sizes and geographies. Having grown up on his family farm in North East Victoria, Mr. O’Donoghue has extensive practical insight and a deep understanding of agriculture and agribusiness. He has experience across the horticulture, dairy, forestry, viticulture and wineries, beef sectors, and additionally has managed issues across the agriculture supply chain.
Complementing his industry knowledge and experience, Mr. O’Donoghue possesses strong technical accounting and finance based skills that have been developed during his five-year stretch with a market leading boutique professional services firm.
Mr. O’Donoghue has been involved in numerous notable agribusiness engagements, most recently including:
- The restructure and transaction of a large forestry portfolio (100 properties) in Tasmania. The project included re-negotiating existing leases, managing operational risks, preparing vendor due diligence reports and achieving a sale price above valuation.
- An agribusiness advisory project on a horticulture operation producing products for Coles and Woolworths. The engagement required reviewing the operations and finances of the business and providing solutions to improve the working capital and profitability.
- An operational review of a pistachio farm in Western Victoria, including the project management of a number of independent experts.
- The turnaround and transaction of a large vertically integrated horticulture producer in South Australia with debts of over AU$50 million. Mr. O’Donoghue managed the turnaround of the agricultural operations over a six-month period, which included improving profitability and reducing operational and financial risks in the business. Following the restructuring, the business was sold to a large private agribusiness investor.
- The transaction and sale advisory of a winery in Western Victoria. The project included the preparation of a vendor due diligence report, drafting an information memorandum, preparing the data room and managing the sale negotiations on behalf of the client.
- The restructure and sale of a large national horticulture operation (formally a managed investment scheme) with eight properties across four states.
Mr. O’Donoghue sits on the board of two not-for profit organisations: Step Back Think and the North Old Boys Football Club; is a Chartered Accountant; and holds a Masters of Agribusiness from Melbourne University.