- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 8 6430 1340
- F: +61 8 9321 8544
- Level 6, 30 The Esplanade
- Perth, WA, 6000
- T: +61 8 9321 8533
- F: +61 8 9321 8544
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting
- Chartered Accountant
- Registered Liquidator
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Member of the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
- Corporate Finance
Daniel Woodhouse is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Perth, Western Australia.
Daniel has over 15 years’ experience in corporate restructuring and turnaround. He has managed a broad range of engagements and has deep industry experience in retail, hospitality, accommodation, property development, sport and recreation clubs, financial services, mining and mining services, shipping and agribusiness.
These engagements have predominantly involved:
- trading, selling and recapitalising distressed businesses;
- working with businesses to improve performance and overall viability; and
- financial investigations.
Having lived and worked internationally, Daniel has also extensive international and cross border experience. He has assisted clients in a number of jurisdictions including the United States of America, South America, Great Britain, the People’s Republic of China, New Zealand and Bermuda.
Daniel’s significant engagements include the:
- trade on, performance optimisation and sale of a luxury five-star, hotel and golf complex.
- trade on of a coal miner, producing ~4Mt of thermal coal per annum, with over 500 staff.
- business review and performance improvement of a group of supermarkets and liquor outlet.
- distressed sale of a major Western Australian fertiliser importer.
- forensic investigation of a property developer who allegedly made numerous misrepresentations and misappropriated ~AUD$55m from a secured creditor and 51 sophisticated investors.
- independent business review of an ASX listed gold miner, with Brazilian operations.
Daniel is empathetic and understanding of stakeholders’ needs. He is focused on saving businesses and compassionately maximising outcomes in difficult situations. He brings a practical and pragmatic approach to commercially challenging problems.