- T: +34 91 360 4690
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Paseo de Recoletos 3
- 3rd Floor
- Madrid, 28004
- T: +34 91 524 3840
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Degree in Law and Business Administration and Management, University Carlos III of Madrid
- Spanish Official Qualified Auditor
- Contract Administration & Disputes
- Financial Investigations
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
- Energy, Power & Products
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Erika Benítez is a Director in the FTI Consulting Forensic and Litigation practice based in Madrid and specialises in:
- financial audits
- fraud investigations
- reporting under IFRS
- economic – expert reports
- internal control systems
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Erika worked as Audit Manager at Ernst & Young for seven years. In the course of his professional career as a Manager of external audit she worked for local and multinational companies where she was responsible for:
- substantive audit procedures,
- review and analysis of financial reporting packages,
- analytical reviews of balance sheet and profit and loss statement,
- analysis of ratios evolution,
- internal audit procedures
- SOX audit.
In 2012, she moved to Deloitte Spain where she worked as Senior Manager at the Forensic department, providing technical assistance in legal and extrajudicial disputes covering fraud, corruption, damages, loss of profit and price adjustments. She speaks Spanish and English.
- Acting as an expert witness in different courts.
- Production of expert witness report in different dispute contexts:
- Damages and loss of profit calculation.
- Price adjustments.
- Termination of a commercial agent contract.
- Disputes in the context of purchase and sale agreements.
- Accounting manipulation investigations.
- Fraud investigations (fraud committed by directors/employees, corruption/bribery in both public bodies and private entities, related fraud detection and prevention engagements).
- Follow-up and Cash Tracing.