- Senior Director
- T: +1 284 852 9055
- M: +1 284 541 8650
- F: +1 284 852 9069
- P.O. Box 993
- Palm Grove House, 4th Floor
- Wickham's Cay I, Road Town
- Tortola, VG1110
- British Virgin Islands
- T: +1 284 852 9050
- F: +1 284 852 9069
- Bachelor of Science (Hons), Banking and Finance, Loughborough University (UK)
- Chartered Accountant
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner – British Virgin Islands
- Licenced Insolvency Practitioner (BVI)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- INSOL International
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Specialists Association (BVI)
- Corporate Finance
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Ian Morton is a Senior Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in the British Virgin Islands (BVI).
Ian has over 15 years’ experience in insolvency, restructuring, forensic and corporate recovery services including contentious cross-border insolvency involving litigation, shareholder disputes, fraud investigation, business valuations, loss quantification asset-tracing and realisation of complex and illiquid assets.
Ian has undertaken work in a variety of industries including real estate, mining, automotive, manufacturing, financial institutions and holding companies. Most of Ian’s work is international in nature and he has significant experience in many jurisdictions including Asia Pacific, Continental Europe, the Caribbean, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Ian is currently the appointed Insolvency Practitioner for over 30 matters in the BVI including solvent and insolvent liquidations and receiverships.
In 2006, Ian moved to Australia from the U.K., where he joined a large specialist advisory and recovery firm gaining experience in all forms of Australian corporate insolvency. In 2009, Ian joined Taylor Woodings which was later acquired by FTI Consulting in 2013.