Joseph P. Concannon
- Managing Director
- T: +1 412 808 1100
- F: +1 412 808 1188
- Foster Plaza 9
- 750 Holiday Drive, Suite 630
- Pittsburgh, PA, 15220
- United States
- T: +1 412 808 1100
- F: +1 412 808 1188
- B.A. in Accounting and Spanish, Washington and Jefferson College
- Turnaround Management Association
- Corporate Finance
- Bankruptcy Process & Contingency Planning
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Interim Management
- Lender Advisory
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
Joseph P. Concannon is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in Pittsburgh. Mr. Concannon has experience in restructuring, bankruptcy proceedings, troubled company consulting, financial analyses and due diligence. He has held interim management roles and assisted senior management, secured and unsecured lenders and other constituents on a variety of matters primarily focusing on the healthcare, real estate, hospitality, manufacturing and automotive industries.
Over the last 10 years he has specialized in assisting companies with addressing liquidity issues and developing appropriate cash forecasting tools and cash management practices. Mr. Concannon has also led the development of long-term business plans and cash flow projections, the review of turnaround plans and specific profit improvement opportunities, the implementation of working capital enhancements, the preparation of bankruptcy contingency plans, the divestiture of non-core assets, as well as negotiations with equity participants, secured lenders and other parties in interest.
Mr. Concannon has had a wide range of professional experiences during his time at FTI Consulting. The following highlights a few of his most recent projects:
- FTI Consulting was retained by 21st Century Oncology, a $1 billion global provider of integrated cancer care services, to develop a long-term business plan to raise a new equity investment. Mr. Concannon assisted with preparations to refinance the current debt and ultimately prepare for an initial public offering. He was also responsible for oversight of the company’s internal financial planning and analysis team.
- FTI Consulting was retained by MediMedia, a $250 million provider of health information and health management solutions, to help the company design, develop and implement a comprehensive weekly cash flow forecasting process and improve its business planning and long-term forecasting. Mr. Concannon assisted with identifying and implementing $10 million in annual cost savings.
- FTI Consulting was retained by DynaVox, a provider of speech generating devices and special education software, to help the company design, develop and implement a comprehensive weekly cash flow forecasting process and long-term business plan, as well as lead the company’s negotiations with its lenders and their advisors. Mr. Concannon held the role of Assistant Restructuring Officer, which was established shortly after the departure of the company’s chief financial officer (CFO).
- FTI Consulting was retained by The Sea Island Company, a luxury resort, golf and real estate development company, to address liquidity issues, improve internal controls, streamline financial reporting and develop appropriate cash forecasting tools and cash management practices. Mr. Concannon was part of a two person team fulfilling the roles of CFO and Chief Restructuring Officer.
- FTI Consulting was retained in numerous other restructurings including NewPage Corporation, Delphi Corporation, and Visteon Corporation. Mr. Concannon worked to perform a variety of tasks including developing long-term business plans, leading sale and divestiture efforts, negotiating credit agreements and addressing liquidity issues.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Concannon worked as a senior associate in KPMG’s Audit practice. He is experienced in providing treasury support and analysis of lending collateral.
Mr. Concannon holds a B.A. in accounting and spanish from Washington and Jefferson College and is a Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania.