- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 3 9604 0636
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- Level 21, Bourke Place
- 600 Bourke Street
- Melbourne, VIC, 3000
- T: +61 3 9604 0600
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- Bachelor of Business, RMIT University, Australia
- Registered Company Liquidator in all states and territories of Australia
- Official Liquidator of the Supreme Court of Victoria and Federal Court of Australia
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Corporate Finance
Kate Warwick is a Senior Managing Director and the Australian Head of Retail & Consumer Products within the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Kate has more than 20 years of experience in the areas of restructuring and turnaround management, corporate finance and performance improvement services. She specialises in advising and working with boards, shareholders, senior management and other stakeholders to maximise value and manage and mitigate risk.
Kate has experience assisting clients across a range of industries in Australia, Asia and the United Kingdom, with a primary focus on retail and consumer products businesses, as well as additional experience in manufacturing, agribusiness and mining.
Kate’s retail and consumer clients include specialty, apparel, footwear, electronics, furniture and food and beverage companies. She has worked with some of Australia’s largest retailers with onshore and offshore operations, as well as UK operators on complex restructurings and business transformations, supporting these businesses as they transform their business practices, regenerate revenue streams, reduce costs and unlock cash across operations.
Her vast experience covers independent business reviews, viability assessments, business regeneration, operational improvement, M&A transaction advisory, merger integration, credit assessment and management, crisis management, and all forms of strategic advice.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Kate led the Retail and Consumer focus of PricewaterhouseCooper’s Australian Deals team nationally. She also sits on the Board of Directors for the RSPCA (Victoria).
- Co-led a joint team of experts engaged to identify and implement AU$100 million in annualised cost reductions for a listed apparel and footwear retail group.
- Embedded and oversaw a Chief Restructuring Advisor to a large, ASX-listed, specialty store and online retailer of women’s and men’s fashion. The primary focus was on a recent acquisition which was underperforming and cash flow negative.
- Engaged to review of a fashion retail group with assets in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, U.S. and Hong Kong. The review focused on the performance of the group's brands and the impact on working capital management and financing requirements.
- Appointed as a Restructuring Advisor to a major footwear and apparel retailer with turnover of circa AU$280 million, 2,200 employees, a national network of 260 retail stores and AU$100 million in secured debt. At the conclusion of the engagement the retailer was cash flow positive and now continues to rebuild and implement performance improvement initiatives.
- Conducted the strategic financial review of an Australian fashion retail group with three local brands. The review included store portfolio analysis (stand-alone and concession), identifying under performing stores and brands, as well as providing a view on the immediate cash funding requirements of the business.
- Directed a strategic review of an iconic Australian retail brand which involved a full review of the business strategy, key operational and financial drivers, working capital and key issues affecting the business, and assessed the financial forecasts and the likely future funding needs of the business.
- Conducted a strategic review of an online retailer which involved a financial viability review, assessment of strategy, capital expenditure requirements — specifically in relation to technology requirements, distribution, warehousing and identification of cost reduction alternatives.