- Managing Director
- T: +86 21 2315 1188
- F: +86 21 6352 3616
- Unit 2101-04, Central Plaza
- 227 Huangpi (N) Road
- Shanghai, 200003
- T: +86 21 2315 1000
- F: +86 21 6352 3616
- B.Bus, Marketing, Swinburne University
- Bachelor of Business in Accounting, Monash University
- B.Bus, Banking and Finance, Monash University
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
Marcus Paciocco is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance/Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and he is based in Shanghai. Mr. Paciocco relocated to China over six years ago and possesses over a decade of experience specializing in the fields of forensics, financial advisory services and interim management.
Mr. Paciocco focuses specifically on China-based engagements and represents a broad range of clients including international and local private equity funds, mezzanine debt funds and various domestic and foreign counsels. He has an in-depth understanding of Chinese culture, business practices and operations.
Mr. Paciocco’s recent experience includes:
- Being engaged by U.S. counsel to undertake a forensic review and investigation of the Chinese subsidiary of a U.S. listed financial services firm regarding whistleblower claims of FCPA violations, misappropriation of funds by its Chief Representative and procurement fraud.
- A financial due diligence review on behalf of a bulge bracket investment bank relating to a US$50 million lending decision to a Hong Kong listed company operating five manufacturing plants in China.
- An appointment as Chief Restructuring Officer of Prince Sporting Goods (Guangzhou) Limited in order to wind down the operations following the purchase of its U.S. parent by the client.
- Being appointed legal representative of Solar Fund based in Shanghai as a result of allegations of misappropriation and fraud by its limited partner.
- The review of internal controls, processes and testing of SOPs relating to the construction of a global pharmaceutical conglomerate’s R&D facility in Shanghai.
- Due diligence on automotive parts manufacturer in Bucheon, South Korea on behalf of a U.S. global automotive manufacture.
- Deal sourcing in relation to a Shanghai based asset management company seeking local and overseas acquisitions for its portfolio companies.
- Debt sourcing, lending submissions and negotiations with local banks regarding a RMB 300 million revolving overdraft facility in relation to a U.S. construction equipment manufacturer with operations in Shanghai and Guangzhou.
- Engaged by a U.S. listed software company to undertake a forward looking FCPA compliance review which included process mapping and development of SOPs.
- Due diligence on four Indonesian petrochemical companies being merged into a Newco as part of a US$300 million debt restructuring.
Before relocating to Asia, Mr. Paciocco worked for a 'Big 4' accounting firm in the Cayman Islands. Mr. Paciocco was seconded to Unicredit Bank (Cayman Islands) to manage the organised wind down and closure of its banking operation and held the position of Vice President of Operations throughout the process.
Mr. Paciocco has a B.Bus in Marketing from Swinburne University, a B.Bus in Accounting and a B.Bus in Banking and Finance from Monash University. He and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia.