Micah P. Trilling
- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 415 283 4294
- F: +1 415 293 4497
- 1111 Broadway Street
- 3rd Floor
- Oakland, CA, 94607
- United States
- B.A., Sociology and Criminology, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Post-baccalaureate Accounting Studies, Portland State University
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- Litigation Support & Analytical Services
- Securities Litigation & Risk Management
- SEC Investigations
- Financial Institutions
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
Micah Trilling is a Managing Director in the FTI Consulting Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice and is based in San Francisco. For 20 years, Mr. Trilling has provided litigation consulting, forensic accounting, and financial analysis for complex litigation matters, investigations, and corporate operations.
Mr. Trilling has extensive experience assisting external legal counsel in complex securities and commercial litigation. In connection with these matters, Mr. Trilling has identified and recruited industry experts, performed contemporaneous market research, helped craft targeted discovery requests, directed analysis of large volumes of documents, calculated complex damages, drafted affirmative and rebuttal expert reports, assisted with Daubert motions, advised Counsel in settlement discussions, and prepared witnesses for deposition and trial testimony.
Mr. Trilling has also helped Counsel investigate allegations of financial and regulatory improprieties and accounting fraud.
Mr. Trilling has experience in a variety of sectors including: banking, insurance, real estate, retail, consumer products, healthcare, and life sciences. During these engagements, Mr. Trilling consulted on litigation matters, forensically reconstructed complex financial transactions, built financial and cash forecasting models, audited financial records, analyzed the performance of investment portfolios, and calculated complex cost allocations.
In addition to providing consulting services, Mr. Trilling has served as a financial analyst in multinational corporations where he performed budgeting and forecasting, data analytics, capital allocation, and accounting functions.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Mr. Trilling was a senior managing consultant at LECG, a finance manager at General Electric and Novartis, a manager at Deloitte Consulting and a staff member in Deloitte’s audit practice.
Mr. Trilling holds a B.A. from the University of Colorado at Boulder and is a Certified Public Accountant.