Peter L. Dressel
- Senior Managing Director
- T: +1 202 589 2328
- F: +1 202 312 9101
- 555 12th Street NW
- Suite 700
- Washington, DC, 20004
- United States
- T: +1 202 312 9100
- F: +1 202 312 9101
- B.A., Economics with a concentration in Financial Economics, University of Virginia
- M.B.A., concentration in Accountancy, The George Washington University
- American Bar Association (non-attorney member)
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Litigation Support & Analytical Services
- Qui Tam
- Regulatory Investigations
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
Peter L. Dressel is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in Washington, D.C. Mr. Dressel is in the Health Solutions practice in the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment and has been assisting legal counsel to conduct special investigations and defend clients within the healthcare and life sciences industries since 2001.
Mr. Dressel’s clients have included hospital systems, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, skilled nursing facilities, home health companies, hospice companies, durable medical equipment suppliers, pharmaceutical companies, device manufacturers, and others. His experience includes assisting clients by providing the following types of healthcare dispute resolution, investigatory, regulatory, and compliance services:
- Leading billing, coding, payment, and medical necessity claim reviews as part of self-disclosures to the government, other healthcare billing disclosures, investigations, litigation matters, and Independent Review Organization (“IRO”) engagements.
- Evaluating and strengthening compliance programs.
- Resolving qui tam lawsuits, class action claims, administrative inquiries, and criminal false claims allegations.
- Performing compliance-related due diligence and assisting the resolution of post-acquisition disputes.
- Assessing the underlying methodologies and financial effects of proposed and final regulation changes.
In many of these matters, Mr. Dressel’s work has involved the Federal False Claims Act, the Stark Law, and the Anti-Kickback Statute. Mr. Dressel’s work has also involved leading the design of complex data models, statistical samples and extrapolations, and the analysis of various client and CMS-provided financial and accounting structured data.
Recent publications and presentations from Mr. Dressel include:
- “No Hiding Under the RUG”; Dennis Barry’s Reimbursement Advisor, June 2014.
- “Treble Damages and Your Bottom Line”; American Conference Institute Advanced Forum on False Claims and Qui Tam Enforcement; January 27, 2014, New York, NY (with Craig Margolis of Vinson & Elkins and James Thomas of PricewaterhouseCoopers).
- “Medical Necessity and Inpatient Rehabilitation”, co-authored with Tim Renjilian; Dennis Barry’s Reimbursement Advisor, March 2011
Mr. Dressel received a B.A. in economics with a concentration in financial economics from the University of Virginia and a M.B.A. in accountancy from George Washington University.