Robert C. Poole
- Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 416 649 8086
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- TD South Tower, 79 Wellington Street West
- Toronto Dominion Centre, Suite 2010, P.O. Box 104
- Toronto, ON, M5K 1G8
- T: +1 416 649 8100
- F: +1 416 649 8101
- B.Sc., (Hons), Quantity Surveying, Nottingham Trent University, England
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Member Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
- Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (PQS)
- Claims Management
- Construction Solutions
- Expert Testimony
- Litigation Support & Consulting Services
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy, Power & Products
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
Robert Poole is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting's Construction Solutions practice and is based in Toronto, Ontario. Mr. Poole assists owners and contractors to successfully deliver capital projects and to develop, analyze and resolve claims and disputes.
Mr. Poole has more than 27 years of professional experience in Canada and the UK, holding senior positions in public and private organizations delivering expert witness, claims advisory, cost consultancy, risk management and project management services.
Mr. Poole has prepared claims and expert reports on quantum issues, and other construction and property related matters. He has assisted counsel in construction and real estate disputes presented in court, arbitration and mediation, and has testified as expert witness in major arbitrations and mediations in Ontario.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Poole was a Director of a Canadian based international consultancy where he led estimating, project management, and dispute resolution services on behalf of lawyers, contractors and owners. He specialized in unique and complex construction involving unusual designs, or difficult logistics. Recent projects in Toronto for which he led cost management services include Ripley's Aquarium, Union Station Revitalization, Trillium Health (Credit Valley Hospital) Phase 3, TTC Leslie Street Utilities project, and 45 Bay Street office tower and bus terminal.
Other senior management positions held by Mr. Poole include Managing Director of a Canadian research center and Project Management Specialist at Western University.
Robert's technical expertise includes:
- Cost management of more than $2 billion of hospital redevelopments in Ontario and feasibility studies for projects valued at up to $3 billion.
- Led value engineering workshops.
- Cost consultancy services for many high-rise residential and office buildings, transit projects, retail developments, industrial, entertainment and cultural buildings.
- Previous project management experience of academic and research infrastructure and owner’s representative on high-rise.
- Risk management services relating to cost and delivery of capital projects.
- Contract compliance services to contractors.
- Preparation and assessment of construction claims.
- Presented at mediations and testified as expert witness in several large arbitrations in Toronto on projects involving construction, real estate development, ground leases and cost-sharing allocations in multi-use buildings.