- Senior Managing Director
- T: +44 0 20 3727 1237
- F: +44 0 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- B.Sc (Hons) in Construction Management, University College, London
- LLB (Hons) in Law, Westminster University
- Member of Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB)
- Claims Management
- Construction Solutions
- Expert Testimony
- International Arbitration
- Aerospace & Defense
- Financial Institutions
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Mr Haynes has 28 years experience as a project manager, commercial strategist, contractual adviser, and expert witness gained with major building contractors and consultancies. This experience has included construction, infrastructure, health, rail and petrochemical contracts in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Mr Haynes also has considerable dispute resolution experience which includes the research, preparation and assessment of claims, contract advice and providing independent opinion. He has been appointed as expert witness on a number of occasions on quantum, delay and project management matters.
Procurement management experience includes the drafting of contracts and contract amendments, preparation of tender documents, tender evaluation, undertaking negotiations and finishing contract awards. He has undertaken such tasks in connection with a variety of procurement methods including traditional design and construct, construction management, management contracting and turnkey contracts.
- Team leader providing quantum expertise on major roads infrastructure project in Middle East.
- Team leader providing quantum expertise on major water infrastructure project in Middle East.
- Appointed as quantum expert on London residential project.
- Appointed quantum expert relating to PI claim on national marine museum.
- Appointed expert construction /project advisor on residential development with significant defective and incomplete works.
- Appointed expert advisor on construction matters on National stadium project.
- Appointed as project management expert concerning duties of a project manager in relation to insurance claim following fire damage.
- Appointed expert on duties and responsibilities of project manager on a substantial franchise investment.
- Assisted expert witness (arbitration) on quantum issues in dispute between contractor and developer concerning a substantial residential conversion project.
- Assisted expert witness (Technology and Construction Court) on quantum issues in dispute between hotel owner and contractor concerning major refurbishment project in central London.
- Acted as assistant to expert on multi million pound dispute in connection with the roles and duties of a construction manager.
- Acted as assistant to quantum expert on multi million pound prison development.
- Acted as assistant to quantum expert on £45m office development.
- Acted as assistant to quantum expert on stock condition survey over substantial property portfolio.
Commercial / claims / dispute resolution
Prepared numerous claims and claim rebuttals for many different organisations and projects in both the private and public sector examples of which are provided below.
- Managed claims team on substantial infrastructure dispute in the UAE.
- Commercial advice in connection with disputes arising on a £3bn UK rail infrastructure project.
- Provided Network Rail with commercial advice on a series of fixed telecom network projects throughout the UK.
- Provided Network Rail with commercial advice on major switch and signalling replacement projects throughout the UK.
- Prepared claim documentation, including delay analysis, for a major contractor on a substantial hospital development.
- Prepared claim documentation, including delay analysis, on a city office development.
- Advisor to Network Rail on the evaluation, negotiation and determination of a £40 million bridge project contracted on the NEC form of contract.
- Represented a client’s interest during conduct of mediation. This necessitated comprehensive analysis and review of risks in litigation.
- Prepared client’s case for mediation involving claims against mechanical and electrical consultant on three projects in the public sector.
Procurement / audit / project management
- Provided advice to bank and business relating to the reported costs to complete on numerous housing schemes throughout the UK.
- Reviewed on behalf of lender the contractual status of new build and renovation projects undertaken by housing developer throughout the UK.
- Reviewed retirement homes development portfolio to establish the viability of numerous projects throughout the UK.
- Appointed as project manager for redevelopment of offices and manufacturing plant destroyed by fire.
- Appointed as project manager for the refurbishment of a Grade 1 listed residential building in central London.
- Procured, on behalf of client, a multi discipline framework consultant portfolio with annual spend in the region of £100m. Drafted framework agreement.
- Drafted framework agreement and procured framework contractor for major publishing group on projects throughout the UK.
- Drafted framework agreement for a property company with portfolio valued in excess of £2bn.
- Acted as Project Monitor for major arts funder on projects valued in excess of £10m.
- Assisted with the preparation of contract documents and invitation to bid documents for various works packages for the procurement of contractors to construct a $USD multi-million LNG receiving terminal.
- Drafted the new conditions of engagement for consultants to be used throughout Government in conjunction with the 1998 editions of the GC/Works contracts.
- Drafted new procurement code for major Government department.
- Acted as contract auditor to a public authority on six construction projects totaling £40m. This role included identification of risks, providing pre-contract reviews of documents, weekly monitoring of construction activities and monthly reports for senior management. Resolving complex contract problems for line managers, and ensuring contract compliance with the objective of dispute avoidance and risk limitation.
- Prepared construction management tender documentation for housing redevelopment valued in excess of £30m.
- Prepared tender documentation and managed procurement process for design team on a £150m urban regeneration scheme.
- Prepared management contractors deed of appointment and acted as client’s contractual adviser during management contract.
- Completed a contract procedure manual for use with JCT 80 for a public authority and lectured on this subject to improve implementation within the organisation to ensure users were aware of risks in procurement and construction.